//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 83’ Tri-moto 125 mikuni carb

--

83’ Tri-moto 125 mikuni carb

Hey Everyone,

Choke cable is seized on the carb. Lookin to just replace it with either a plunger or a new cable. Trouble finding parts for it. I think it’s a VM 22. Any help or suggestions would be great! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    You might find a lever or pull knob style plunger here.

I've also had luck taking the cable off and bending the outer casing around in tight bends with my hands for a minute to free it up. Also I'll soak them in transmission fluid, because that stuff creeps everywhere.
    Sometimes they aren't stuck bad, just stuck from sitting in one position for awhile

https://www.jetsrus.com/carburetor/c...iew_parts.html

Also try Sudco International

That's where I get my oem mikuni parts

eBay is a good source for aftermarket mikuni parts, but I always try to go with genuine mikuni or Keihin stuff to avoid problems

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Thank you for the response. I appreciate it

--
    My choke cable was seized sat for 20 years. I just sprayed some PBBlaster in there and worked the cable back and forth.
    The cable would only move 1/6 of and inch to start, but got to move more and more using a long needle nose and leverage on the fork tree. Took about a half hour. good luck, let us know how it goes.

--
    Well I couldn’t free up the old one but I ordered a random one I found on Amazon and actually got it to work haha. Little short so I will have to mount it onto the plastics near gas cap. Also, had to file down the end to fit into the actual choke mechanism. Works great. Thanks for the help though.

Onto the next problem. Bogging lots under load or with hard accelerating.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by benji_snod View Post
    Well I couldn’t free up the old one but I ordered a random one I found on Amazon and actually got it to work haha. Little short so I will have to mount it onto the plastics near gas cap. Also, had to file down the end to fit into the actual choke mechanism. Works great. Thanks for the help though.

Onto the next problem. Bogging lots under load or with hard accelerating.

What's the plug look like? Bogging under load is usually running lean. When's the last time the carb was cleaned?
    Hoarder of the finest junk

'82 YT175
    '83 YTM200
    '85 KLT110
    '86 Moto 4 225
    '84 TRX200 trike conversion.
    '87 Tecate 4
    Lots of vintage and not so vintage two wheeled stuff.

--
    I’ve been completely through the carb. And yeah that’s the same conclusion I came to. Also, it’s got no air box and just a cone shaped air filter so I upped the main jet size and it seemed to not help. Almost make it worse. It’s starts and idles like an absolute dream.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //