//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Atc 110 carb jets

--

Atc 110 carb jets

I have started offering the service of rebuilt sonic cleaned OEM 90/110 carbs for sale There are a few things I have noticed on the 110 carbs that are different from carb to carb. #1. 84,85 carbs are different the petcock screen sits at the bottom of the petcock. #2. The other older style carb has a screen that sits on the side of the petcock it’s a flat screen and has a screw in pilot jet. #3. The other carb is just like #2 but has a press in pilot jet.
    All of the rebuild kits that you buy have screw in pilot jets. I can buy press in pilot jets but they are not cheap Another thing I found was that in the early model kits you do not get a bowl drain oring only in the 84,85 kits do you get that. DrAtv says that the press in jets were only offered on new 110 carbs and that the OEM carbs had the screw in jets I find that odd that Honda would change how the pilot jet is installed from OEM to New I think it’s more plausible that the press in jet was a one or two year thing.
    As always your input or wise cracks are always welcome. If you need a OEM 90 or 110 carb let me know.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Do the press in jets have O-rings?

Some of their older motorcycles had jets something like that, and they had an O-ring on the jet. I think the float bowl or something else actually held them in. The problem was when the motorcycle sat for a long time and corrosion formed in the carb, it'd jack up the hole where the jet went and it either wouldn't seal, or the jet wouldn't stay in place.

It was on something like their early inline fours. Regardless, I've seen Honda use something like that. I didn't know they kept doing it with the 110s though; I never came across one. Good info.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I can say for a fact that some of the early 185 and 200 carbs had press in pilot jets. I'm pretty sure that these are OEM carbs. It's been long enough since I've pulled them off that I don't really remember years and models for sure.

--
    No Orings on the jets just a press fit is all and I’m okay with that except the fact that those jets are 1099 and the kits you buy are kind of screwed up. Like the bowl gaskets I never liked the ones in the kits never seemed to lay correctly but I can buy OEM Bowl seals and they fit like a glove.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    My "scrap 110" came with a press in pilot, I was surprised to see it. It is accessible tho, and it can be grabbed with a small vise grip and removed easily. Nice to know they are available tho!

I ran into the press in pilots on another Honda, a 1981 goldwing! They were NOT accessible, had to screw a sheet rock screw into the end, and pull them out! Oddly, doing this does not affect the metering part of the jet, fortunately.

Playing with old 3wheelers is pure joy- that goldwing was not!

--
    I can agree with you on the GoldWing. My 1983 is the most complicated motorcycle that I've worked on yet. That's one reason that it's taking me entirely too long to finish up.

--
    The worst part of that goldwing-which came to me with "its just got a fuel leak out the carb" was that some clueless person had been in there before and left a trail of destruction. So many different issues, like the sealing washer under 1 needle valve left out, orings missing, linkage assembled backwards, etc. It taught me to check and confirm Everything at once. I'd fix one thing thinking it was the problem, then another leak was found. Had that thing apart and together a dozen times! That ranndacks (?) place was very helpful and has good parts.

That's often the way I find the trikes- neglected and "repaired" in ignorance.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //