//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '86 Big Red aftermarket/stock parts

--

'86 Big Red aftermarket/stock parts

Hey folks! Long time viewer first time poster.
    Been dedicated to the trike scene my entire riding career, have owned countless 2hunnies and just as many Big Reds.

Hopefully the pictures work.. We have a collection of 5 big reds and 3 yammie 200's haha

I am very interested in getting into some goodies for my old girl to prep for the summer season. I've already dumped quite a few dollars and hours into her and I'm blown away by the performance every tour but of course always seeking more. So far I've got just the basic aftermarket exhaust and jet kit. I've got 25x12x12.5 new bear claws on the rear and a new 12.5 wide bear claw up front. She goes anywheres.

Does anyone know of / can recommend some good places to look for some parts? I've been looking at this dennis kirk? Anyone dealt thru them?

Im looking for timing chain, piston rings, gasket kits, axle boot, rear bearings and maybe some differential goodies

Cheers!

Update: Soo I was in the process of ordering the DID chain on DennisKirk and stumbled across a "performance" CDI by Ricks Motorsports? Opinions/reviews?
    They want to charge me 60$ shipping! Anyone deal with any other options for timing chains especially? 110 links is correct?

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201219_210507.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	732.7 KB 
ID:	265960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201219_161714.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	265961  
    Last edited by CunningStunts; 01-10-2021 at 12:53 PM.

--
    So I started to clean up my fenders while I'm waiting on my rear bearings to arrive and playing around with the wire wheel I accidentally discovered this little artsy idea and just went with it.. whatcha think?

I've been rocking road sign fenders on all my trikes past and present. Tough. Cheap. Always available
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210111_191321.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	905.3 KB 
ID:	266052   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210111_191335.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	804.9 KB 
ID:	266053  

--
    Those don't really look too bad. I've seen worse. Hell, I've run worse! Are you thinking about making a matching front fender too?

--
    Im toying with the idea of turning big red into the silver bullet haha, I have quite a few pieces of diamond plate kicking around ��
    I just found some rear end bearings from a local shop, sadly they are charging 32 & 35$ per bearing but they are premium NSK brand.

--
    A Silver Bullet would certainly be unique. You could give the tank the same treatment and then shoot a clear coat over it to keep it from rusting.

--
    Just noticed I have a defective rear tire I recently purchased from Royal Distibuting. Sent an email with pictures and details of the defect so waiting to hear back on that.

The tires being moulded in 2 pieces and joined in the centerline. The inside half of my tire is noticeably bulged whilst the outter half is perfectly normal ��

Broken bands / web in the rubber maybe? Anyone encounter this?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //