//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 87-89 Big Red Honda

--

87-89 Big Red Honda

Hey there, pretty new to the forum but have been on the hunt to find some people that have knowledge of these old classics.

My step dad recently decided to take the trike out from storage, and ever since it hasn't ran like it should be. Every month he'd start it every week and let it run, he'd drive up and down the street. His complaint was that he would have to run it on full choke for it to stay running, if not it would kill. So we decided that a new carb would do the trick.

Well needless to say, I towed it back to my house and started working on it. Well we purchased an after market carb and I finally installed it today.

https://www.amazon.com/Carburetor-Fo...s%2C193&sr=8-4

here is the link to the carb i installed.

Unfortunately, now it won't even start and it seems as though the fuel lines have no pressure at all. None of the hoses on the carb have any signs of fuel, and the primer at the bottom of the carb does not seem to have any resistance when pressure it as though there was fuel entering the carb. What was strange, is that the OEM carb's throttle was a 2 part throttle, one to turn the throttle plate open and one to raise and lower the bobber (don't know the name) on the opposite side of the carb. Well the new one doesn't have anything that changes the level of the bobber. It seems to be self operated with air flow.

It turns over, and if i pour some gasoline on the air filter, it will fire up and then instantly kill. It wont stay running after the fuel is gone off the filter. Pressing the throttle when it spins over just instantly kills it after pouring the gas. Yes the gas line is on and I do notice some fuel in the clear filter, but other than that it does not seem like there is a significant flow from the tank to the carb, or at least any pressure pulling the fuel

Any tips?

--
    id clean and rebuild the stock carb and throw the Amazon carb away to start with

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Send the OEM carb to 223 cycles in Morristown, TN. Curtie Eldririge will have it running like new,

If that doesnt work, sell it to me if it's actually an 87-89 big red,

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //