//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Preferred 200x width?

--

Preferred 200x width?

How wide do you like your trail trikes to be? 200x specifically. Stock width? +2? +4? +6?

I'm trying to figure out how wide I want my 200x to end up being. Itll be a trail trike, but the trails itll be on certainly aren't narrow.. so I'd pretty much like to go as wide as I can while retaining the ability to slide it around.
    1980 Honda 110-125 lifan manual clutch *in progress*

1985 200x - building peice by piece

--
    I use 300ex rear hubs for that wider stance and I like it

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    1985 200X
    66mm H&S Piston
    Little Bit Bigger Cam
    Bassani Exhaust

1985 350X With Bassani Exhaust

1983 Honda 200E (PARTING OUT!!!!)

1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger

My Feedback Threadhttp://http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?105185-Feedback-for-RodKnockRacing&highlight=RodKnockRacing

--
    I haven't actually measured really close, but I'm pretty sure that my 1983 AutoX has a +4 axle. I LOVE the stability that it gives in off cambers. I can still slide it if I want to as well.

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I like all my trikes plus 4 inches or so. But I also extend swinger.

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I can't remember the measurement, but I know that my R is 4" wider than my X was before I tore it down, and I love it. I'll pick up 2" with the aftermarket wheels so I'll try that first and see how it goes. If I don't like it I'll pick up some 1" spacers.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    What kind of trails? Ones that SxS's have mutilated?

It's nice having something narrower than those contraptions, so you can pick a line that keeps the rear tires out of the ruts.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    It depends on type of riding or racing your doing. If MX, regulation is 50” width total and honestly that is really dang wide. Especially for a 200x to try to turn on tight corners. You will need a decent motor and tires for it to slide correctly.

If your trail then stock with tusk 400ex hubs. If XC racing then 45”

Sizes are outside of tire edge to outside of tire edge.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Cool thanks for the input guys.

Now.. how wide and what backspacing were the rear wheels that came on an 85? I have 8" wide 3b/5n wheels to put on it. Just need to know stock specs so I can order hubs and an axle that'll work out to +4. I kept finding conflicting information about it when I searched..

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Blmpkn View Post
    Cool thanks for the input guys.

Now.. how wide and what backspacing were the rear wheels that came on an 85? I have 8" wide 3b/5n wheels to put on it. Just need to know stock specs so I can order hubs and an axle that'll work out to +4. I kept finding conflicting information about it when I searched..
    Not sure if it changed between the 83-85s and the 86/87s, but my 87 stockers were 8" wide and split 4/4.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

--
    My 250r was right at 48" if I remember correctly, but it had the power to slide on demand. On a smaller bike like the 200x, I'd think a +4 axle is probably the hot setup or a stock axle with some deeper offset wheels. Tire selection becomes a huge factor as well. A 20" tire is going to need more axle length than an 18" tire for the same amount of stability.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    My 250r was right at 48" if I remember correctly, but it had the power to slide on demand. On a smaller bike like the 200x, I'd think a +4 axle is probably the hot setup or a stock axle with some deeper offset wheels. Tire selection becomes a huge factor as well. A 20" tire is going to need more axle length than an 18" tire for the same amount of stability.
    Ditto on the tire selection, not just height but tread style as well. A "straight row" tread pattern like a Maxxis Razr is more condusive to sliding than a "staggered" tread pattern like the Kenda Baja Claws.
    Jason

--
    Thanks again for all the info fellas! Huge help. Were FINALLY finishing moving into the new place today, really looking forward to turning my pile of parts into something rideable

--
    I have 54 Inch on my 200x tusk hub and offset wheel ...its high compression with flat track tire on it its fun on the grass lol i would not go lower than 50 Inch ....at the end of the day it all depend of the kind of riding your doing .Cheers man.

--
    47" let's ya move around alot.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //