//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Mark-I'm a Kawie hoarder from Wyoming

--

Mark-I'm a Kawie hoarder from Wyoming

Joined because I just brought home a 1985 KLT110 before Christmas. All original, spend most of his life so far with collectors. I got him from a 3-wheeler collector in South Dakota, (guy has all kinds of 3-wheelers) who had bought him from a retired Kawasaki dealer in South Dakota that kept him in his personal collection. I
    put a few pics in the album section. Looking forward to fellowship with other 3-wheeler nuts. I also have 3 KVF Prairie 360's.

You may not have known....oldest Kawasaki dealership in the US is Lander Marine and Kawasaki in Lander, Wyoming of all places:

https://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...c60f531e4.html

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Nice to see see new ppl. I am sorta new too.

--
    P I C S !

Hold onto that Kawi. Those things are very difficult to come by in good condition.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Thanks. I am definitely holding on to the little guy. I put some pics in the album section. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201223_115749_001.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	266100

--
    Welcome. I like my Kawis too. I have a 1982 (I think) KLT250 that I keep telling myself that I need to start working on someday. I also have a 1988 Tecate4, a 97 KX250, and a 97 Prairie 400.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Welcome. I like my Kawis too. I have a 1982 (I think) KLT250 that I keep telling myself that I need to start working on someday. I also have a 1988 Tecate4, a 97 KX250, and a 97 Prairie 400.
    88 Tecate 4 is sweet! So I just got back from Kansas with my newest Prairie 360. I found a 2011 Camo in Hays. You guys apparently don't have to title, but we do. So I had to run down whether there was a title because the guy I bought from didn't get the P360 titled. Result was I got the whole biography: My Prairie 360 was sold by Shawnee Cycle to a company for the grand prize in a sweepstakes. Guy who won didn't have any use for the wheeler, so just put him away. Young guy-when they were expecting first kid, he sold the wheeler to a dealer in Hays. Dealer in Hays sold the Prairie to his buddy, who is the guy I bought from. He said the Prairie still had all the new vehicle tags on and the dealer
    had to clean the carb because hadn't been run. So the guy I bought from is the only one who rode the Prairie and he only rode around his 2 acre place once in a while to pull a lawn attachment and to string Christmas lights. So less than 30 hours on a 2011 Prairie. I like Prairie 360's and I like the trikes...next search is going to be for a KLT 160.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210111_105127[2305843009214266260].jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	266110

--
    Hays is only about 70 miles south, south east of me. What dealer did it go to? Hope you don't mind me asking. If parts were more widely available, I'd get more Kawi trikes for sure. I see the 200s and 250 listed for sale relatively often around here. I'm slowly buying enough parts to build a first gen T3 roller. From there, I'll figure something out for power. I'm thinking of trying to put the T4 engine in the T3 frame. I do know that it will require frame mods, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. The T4 is in pretty poor shape and my saying is that the only thing made form more unobtanium than a T4 is a second gen T3. I have to say that the Prairie was my first ATV. I beat on it pretty hard when I was younger, but it still runs like a top. Just for fun, here's my KX250 along with the Prairie and my AutoX in a pasture during a snow ride. My T4 is with my 350X at Halsey, NE.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	266122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	266123

--
    I said I just got back but it's been 10 days now. Went to Hays on the 5th, checked him out that evening, spent the night, loaded him up the next morning. The guy I bought the Prairie from is a good friend of Kevin, the owner of BOS Motorsport. Actually a Polaris dealer. The young guy who never used the Prairie and traded to BOS is from Healy KS. Kevin called the guy I bought the Prairie from and told him "I got one you need to come down and see." He is in Hays also. So he went down and bought the Prairie. Kevin told me Brandon is a workaholic and impulse buys stuff that he never gets around to using. I've been under the Prairie and gone all through him because I am like that, and amazed how new he still is...lotta stuff is still "virgin" from the factory. Brandon didn't even know there was tool kit in a tool box in the back. So I think I've got a nice little Camo. I like Kansas so don't mind a road trip there.

--
    I like BOS. They're much better than the dealers that I used to deal with. From my experience with them, they used to be in downtown Hays. They sold Honda and Polaris. They moved out to their current location and dropped Honda around the same time. They said that Honda wanted them to only sell Hondas or they didn't want them to sell Hondas at all. They then sold Polaris and Yamaha. I haven't been in there for a long time. It sounds like they dropped Yamaha.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Mark: Super cool about the Kawi dealership in Lander. I'll have to visit when I get back up there. I lived in Sinclair, Rawlings and Pinedale as a child and have always wanted to go back. I can still smell the sagebrush and prairie dog hunting was a blast when I was 10-12 years old!

--
    We are thawing out, went from -4 for a high day before yesterday to 40 for a high yesterday and today. Pinedale gets cold any winter. So I have the heat on in the garage where the wheelers stay and have been ordering little parts for the KLT110. Not operational stuff, just "bits and bobs" as the Brits would say in order to make him totally factory original.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210209_140103.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	266743 Needed this little plug and screw for the end of the left grip. Now we're good. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210209_135945.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	266744
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210209_140620.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	266742  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //