//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 Honda ATC350X

--

1985 Honda ATC350X

I picked up my first 350X and I'm looking to do some upgrades. I'm planning on running a Lonestar Racing Axcalibar Pro racing rear axle for a trx300ex and I want to upgrade to the double row bearing carrier from Lonestar as well, the double row carrier will fit in my '85 factory swinger, correct? I know I will need the sprocket spacer and a new sprocket and chain. Also, I'm hoping to get some feedback on the Empire Industries exhaust system as I want to take the DG that came on it off and get rid of the rusty header that came on it as well. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

--
    Also getting new hubs for the 300ex axle too, forgot to add that above.

--
    85 and 86 carriers are same size widths on swinger. It's the brake stuff that all needs changed and a pin welded in place for the 300ex brake stay. I'm doing the swap on my 85 arm converting it to an 86 style for 300ex stuff but im running 85 350x axle.

--
    I'm getting a new swingarm so I won't have to screw around with that too much

--
    No feedback for the empire , but HRE makes a real slick header that uses any trx 450r slip on , oem if you want quiet or any other manufacturer , fmf Lexx big Gunn yoshi etc. that’s what I run. Fit great looks slick and now you have options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    I really love the one 350x on youtube with a lexx but empire is a complete bolt on kit with everything and everyone seems to love it, think I only found one clip of it though. I'm ordering hre footpegs and '86 swinger, sounds like I just need a few parts for the '86 style to make my lonestar 300ex/250x parts work

--
    How it sits as of yesterday morningClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210121_141807128.MP.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	266235

--
    .. to use a 300ex axle. I need to modify the brake side also?. I have 85 swinger and the 85 brake assembly. To use the 85 brake stuff with 300 axle what do I need to do with the brakes?

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by badlarry View Post
    .. to use a 300ex axle. I need to modify the brake side also?. I have 85 swinger and the 85 brake assembly. To use the 85 brake stuff with 300 axle what do I need to do with the brakes?
    I don't think you have to do anything to the brake side. The 350x brake hub should fit on the 300ex axle and the 350X brake stay should line up.
    The mods are on the sprocket side. Need an spacer on the sprocket (sold in 3WW store), 86 sprocket (countersink holes), and the 86 sprocket bolts.

Shawn Powell knows from experience and has a thread on it.

--
    For anyone that may be interested in a sweet new exhaust setup for their 350x I opted to get the empire industries exhaust and heres a link to my trike clip. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/VuvzU-6CGFo

I also have a clip of the dg exhaust on my channel as well if anyone wants a comparison

--
    Quote Originally Posted by badlarry View Post
    I did mine on a 86 style swinger and brake setup and used my 85 caliper rotor nut etc. you have to shim the sprocket out about 1/2”. You can use spacers and longer bolts or like army said they have a complete set up on 3ww (I did spacers at first and when they made the billet one a few years later I bought that.) there’s a thread somewhere here I detailed it. Pretty easy and now you’ll have better sprocket and parts options. Hubs etc.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    I did mine on a 86 style swinger and brake setup and used my 85 caliper rotor nut etc. you have to shim the sprocket out about 1/2”. You can use spacers and longer bolts or like army said they have a complete set up on 3ww (I did spacers at first and when they made the billet one a few years later I bought that.) there’s a thread somewhere here I detailed it. Pretty easy and now you’ll have better sprocket and parts options. Hubs etc.

I decided I want the '86 style swinger & brake setup for a cleaner look. HRE will build me the swinger, I have the Lonestar carrier but I couldn't find parts for the brake stay, too many different answers so I'm unsure what all is needed to make it work and look correctly. I also bought the sprocket spacer from 3ww website a couple months back so I have that as well. Project got pushed back a little since I was quoted over $1500 to rebuild the forks and rear shock.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by LBZDirtyMaxx View Post
    I decided I want the '86 style swinger & brake setup for a cleaner look. HRE will build me the swinger, I have the Lonestar carrier but I couldn't find parts for the brake stay, too many different answers so I'm unsure what all is needed to make it work and look correctly. I also bought the sprocket spacer from 3ww website a couple months back so I have that as well. Project got pushed back a little since I was quoted over $1500 to rebuild the forks and rear shock.

Talk to JWheeler here on the site he can set you up with the brake parts I’d bet. You’ll need the stay and mounting bracket. There’s a bushing there you can use a 400ex bushing for. Different parts number works fine. 1500 for shocks ?? Call racetech in corona ca and talk to Louie. You can do the fronts yourself with there parts , the rear if your going full re valve is tricky I paid them to do it for me. Total I had about 350 in my back shock , springs gold valve and labor.
    Fronts maybe less just springs and cartridge valance emulators. Labor was free. There loca to me so you might have to pay shipping but …. 1500 seems crazy.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    Talk to JWheeler here on the site he can set you up with the brake parts I’d bet. You’ll need the stay and mounting bracket. There’s a bushing there you can use a 400ex bushing for. Different parts number works fine. 1500 for shocks ?? Call racetech in corona ca and talk to Louie. You can do the fronts yourself with there parts , the rear if your going full re valve is tricky I paid them to do it for me. Total I had about 350 in my back shock , springs gold valve and labor.
    Fronts maybe less just springs and cartridge valance emulators. Labor was free. There loca to me so you might have to pay shipping but …. 1500 seems crazy.

Race tech is the first place I checked with that gave me that crazy quote. Not sure how well the picture will show up as almost all the ones I click on in other discussions are so distorted I can't even tell what's in the pic, but $1,550 is the number they gave me.

--
    I did mine over 5 years ago seems even the parts went up substantially. Labor to. I paid 99$ for them to rebuild my rear shock 150 for the gold valve and 99$ for the spring. Rear 450.
    Fronts was 120 for the springs 129 for the gold valves. I did the labor on fronts my self and got new seals from rocky mountain atv. 250 front.
    Plus oil , maybe 3 qts so say 30-50 bucks. So yeah half that. I’d suggest to call and talk to Louie. And if your feeling adventurous just order the parts. Louie is who I deal with and he’s the guy who set up the atc on demand builds years ago for atv magazine. Good luck.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //