//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Gouged throttle set

--

Gouged throttle set

Hi,
    I have an honda 200s with idle issues, and I believe I found the culprit. I believe the idle screw got tightened down a little hard (oops...) and it has gouged the throttle set. I can pull the idle screw all the way out and put it back in until it idles correctly, but after I give it gas, it won't fall back past that gouge and idles really high, like run you into a tree with no throttle being pressed high. I can't find the replacement part, at least for a reasonable price, anywhere. Anybody had a similar issue and know a way to fill the gouge without introducing trash to the carb?

--
    Use a small tungsten file to remove the high spots and then fill any low spots with a dap of JB Weld and file it smooth after 24 hours.

If your scared the epoxy might come off AND you only have a tiny dent after filing off the high spots you could also carefully round the tip of your screw a bit with a grind stone making it a little blunter so that it doesn't drop into the dent, or get caught on it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //