//ArrowChat Code

Thread: who uses tgis type of wire connector?

--

who uses tgis type of wire connector?

90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I used them once on trailer light wiring and was pretty impressed with them

--
    Don’t rate them at all. Rather just use the old solder and heat shrink it after. I seem to find the heat shrink on them burns before the solder melts haha.
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    They have a low temp solder in them, go slow with the heat and keep the heat moving or you will melt the heatshrink before the solder melts, otherwise they seem pretty good. I saw these on a few YouTube videos and you can buy a kit of them on Amazon pretty cheap. I have been meaning to buy some and try them myself, but i tend to grab the soldering iron and double wall glue lined heatshrink tubing which does the same thing. The major advantage to those is you only need a hot air gun and you can install them quick. I have a Milwaukee M12 portable soldering iron, makes wire splicing anywhere i want easy if i am away from the workbench, and a small cheap hot air gun. You can buy cheap little hot air guns for heatshrink tubing, they work good with the low temp solder in these solder and shrink connectors, or a butane powered one, but just keep the heat low.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
    double wall glue lined heatshrink tubing small cheap hot air gun.
    Links?

I am capable of soldering, however having options is a necessity. I also have a heat gun but it's a "normal" sized one. I did find some of the glue heat shrink on amazon, I figured I see what you are using also.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    The heatshrink i buy off ebay or amazon, whatever is cheapest the day i need more, just look for dual wall or glue lined heatshrink, some even list it as water proof, etc. Whatever i find cheapest i buy. For the small hot air gun there is a lot cheap little hot air guns that are like the size of a dremel tool is the best comparison i can come up with, plug them in turn them on, small and convenient for doing heatshrink tubing. Search for things like mini hot air gun, portable hot air gun, flameless butane air gun if you want a gas one. There is lots of choices. I don't know what the one i have is, something i bought years ago on eBay, literally looks like a dremel tool except its a hot air gun.. lol
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //