//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250es with 12x7, 4/110, 2+5 ITP Delta front wheel offset issue

--

250es with 12x7, 4/110, 2+5 ITP Delta front wheel offset issue

I was excited to finally upgrade my 1985 250es Big Red with upgraded rims and tires I have been dreaming about for a long time.
    I went with the 12x7, 4/110, 2+5 ITP Delta Steel Wheels. I think originally introduced and well documented by dougspcs (he just said his good buys to the site a few months ago otherwise I would ask him... but he had the “Back in Black Trike“ - looks so Bad ).
    I thought this was often replicated by others on this site. He had said that this setup was correct for the front wheel offset (no spacers needed). and like I said... others did this too (or at least said they wanted to).

I have never mounted a front tire on the trike before... but it is pretty strait forward, so I guess I am just double checking... because my install did not come out dead center. (Yes the factory spacer is on the axle)

The non-brake fork is about a 1/2” tighter to the rim compared to the break side fork.

I guess its going to be fine as is but … just thought I would see if anyone sees anything stupid I did wrong. … or is the brake side always further away than the other?

Have a look and let me know... and thanks for any input or suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7051.jpg   IMG_7041.jpg   IMG_7052.jpg   IMG_7053.jpg  

--
    Nope you got it right..all I can say is the math works. A 2+5 offset is the right numbers needed to centre the rim as perfectly as can be attained in this application..

I think my math had it to within 1/4" when I 1st did it and it came up good for me.

In mass produced parts there are acceptable tolerances..my guess is the ones you got weren't as close on the true math as some.

But it isn't of great concern..as long as there is decent clearance to the forks, the slight side to side shift of the offset won't be perceptible to the ride..

And it looks pretty sick just the same!!
    Current toys..
    1986 Honda 350X..trail bomb!
    1985 Honda 250SX..my main mudder
    1985 Honda 250ES..Back in Black Trike
    Current non-trike toys:
    1990 Honda TRX300FW
    1995 Seadoo GTX
    1998 Polaris Indy Lite 340(Nearly new looking)
    1998 Polaris Touring 500
    1998 Club Car (electric)

--
    Thanks dougspcs!... I just wanted to be sure I didn't just mess something up on the reinstall.
    I am sure I will not notice it when riding... hoping to get out and see how they will do in the snow and ice this weekend on the lake.
    Thanks again!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //