//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Big red 250 going into reverse without lever

--

Big red 250 going into reverse without lever

I recently purchased a big red and noticed on my test ride that reverse is just a shift down from neutral, no button and lever press. I’ve read a few threads and it seems as this is a problem that happens on the 250s. The cable isn’t currently hooked up at the lever. I followed the cable down to the bottom of the case and the little arm is down with no tension. I pryed it up as if the cable was hooked up and working properly but i could still shift down into reverse either way. Can someone point me to the right part i need to replace. Im assuming i need to crack the case open and see whats going on inside, while im there ill clean the oil screen and any other maintenance recommended. Thanks

--
    I also noticed today that my one way bearing needs to be replaced. Can the reverse issue be linked to this? Whats a good source to buy these? Ebay has some cheap just dont know about quality

--
    As far as the one way bearings go, that's about all we can get these days. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find a NOS one.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    As far as the one way bearings go, that's about all we can get these days. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find a NOS one.
    Ebay seems to be about $20. Ive read to only use oem/japan made bearings for inside the motor and the cheaper ones are fine for the frame/wheels. Partzilla has the bearings for about $130, im not sure if thats oem but the price sure does seem like it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //