//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ultrasonic Cleaners - whats your experience?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorpe View Post
    Who is Q? (In your signature) *wink*

Haven't figgered that out yet.

Good to see you're still around, how's life treating ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post

I don't know how I lived without mine! Worth every penny! I've had mine for a couple months and I'm about ready to buy a bigger one

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post

I went MIA for awhile... Stupid 4 wheeler tried to kill me. But I'm like a cat... (I don't land on my feet) But at one point I had 9 lives... Otherwise, old, ugly and sarcastic, so pretty much ssdd. You?
    No trikes. Too old, too crippled. Unless I find one I can't live without!
    "You cant fix stupid" ~ Ron White
    My feeback link: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-Thorpe

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorpe View Post
    I went MIA for awhile... Stupid 4 wheeler tried to kill me. But I'm like a cat... (I don't land on my feet) But at one point I had 9 lives... Otherwise, old, ugly and sarcastic, so pretty much ssdd. You?
    Pretty much the same. No wheelers have tried to kill me tho. At least not yet.

Been sitting home for the last 3 weeks or so, work is slow, jobs delayed or cancelled, lumber prices are insane, but I'm sure you know that. High prices put my 40 x 80 stick frame building on hold this year, at least so far. Heard from a drywall supplier they expect a price jump in April. I'm going to call my concrete salesman next week and see what concrete prices are doing, may try to get the foundation in this summer.

Rumor has it the project I was on will be ready for us again on 3/16, we'll see......

Wife says I should just retire. I was going to wait until next April, maybe longer depending on work. If I do decide to pull the pin I may pick up a courier job with Elite or Priority. The money isn't bad and you can set your own schedule. I keep hearing that these type of places are hard up for drivers and by the amount of time it takes to get some of my deliveries to my house it seems to be true.

I have enough skills that if I did retire I could find enough work to cover the difference.

Old, ugly, and sarcastic is the best way to go thru life........
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    So I've cycled mine through a few handfuls of rusty/greasy/grimey drill bits I had and so far have been fairly happy with its performance but it definitely does take a few cycles. A cursory wire brushing between cycles makes abig difference also.

Have some surplus pew pew parts with some deep grime I'm gonna try out next.

--
    Use pinesol and crank the heat up

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

--
    i have the harbor freight one... i put my snub nosed Smith and Wesson .38 Special in it for ten minutes... took it out and every bit of oil had been removed from it to the point the trigger would hardly move...that said, i still had to run a few patches through the barrel to get the soot out. lol but my wife had an old necklace that was nasty with dirt and dust from sitting out for years, i put it in and ran it through two ten minute cycles, took it out and just ran an old tooth brush over it and put it back in for another ten minutes...it came out looking brand new. I use Simple Green mixed with a little water in mine... never tried any cleaning solutions made for Hydrosonic cleaners!it also does a good job on cleaning air brushes so long as the paint isnt dried in them.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Little update - i have been using that little one with the warmer and the timer now and have used on quite a few little gun parts on various projects and I've been really impressed with it. Hitting the surface and crud with a wire brush or bristle tooth brush and then throwing it in when the water is hot does wonders.

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    My dad used one a lot where he worked 30 years ago for tractor carbs. They were cast iron carbs from the 30s-40s so the gunk was really built up on them. It would run until you turned it off so he would put one in at night and go home. The next day, he would flip the carb over and do it again. It normally took 3 to 4 nights to get one clean but it worked great! I have been saying for a long time that I should buy one but just haven't, I really need to though!

--
    Have you guys noticed how they all seem to look alike? I did a lot of online research before buying, and it's like the same factory in China makes them for everybody...

I bought a Vevor brand, 10-liter, and I always use it next to the kitchen sink (with wifey's approval even!) so I'm able to fill the tank with hot water from the tap (we have a big sink). The tap water ends up being even hotter than the heater settings on the unit will go, according to the thermometer. Funny thing--when it arrived the unit was DOA. After going back and forth with the seller via email, they volunteered to credit the cost of the unit if I ate the shipping. I said of course, thinking I'd be able to fix it easily enough. Wouldn't you know it--it was the included power cord! Haha, all I did was find a nice, heavy duty computer power cord (same 3-prong setup at both ends) and plugged it in. Good as new for only 25 bucks! Well, actually it was new...

I find the best results to be like many of you do: just using a general cleaner, or sometimes nothing at all. I usually use Simple Green on most of the stuff, and I also learned to put parts in a ziplock bag full of the cleaning solution and float the bag in plain water. I got really tired of cleaning out the bathtub ring every time, and that put a stop to that.

Pretty cool little units. I also second buying one that is one notch up from your first choice. I'm happy with my 10-liter, but 110 engine cases won't fit unless I de-stud them first, so I just use solvent on those to bring back old times.
    I may be old, but I still enjoy the feeling
    of the earth rotating beneath my wheels

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //