//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 225dx Yamaha dies out and won't restart

--

225dx Yamaha dies out and won't restart

I've cleaned the carburetor new fuel new oil was wondering if maybe the carburetor adjustment screws may be off and causing it to overheat and die out
    Any ideas what could be wrong thank you

--
    The easiest thing to do is to check to see if you're still getting spark after it dies. Does it restart after sitting for a while? How long? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? Over night?

--
    It will start right away and will start and stay running after leaving for a night

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Could it be a coil issue? I've heard of coils acting up when they get hot then being fine when they cool off.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    Pull your fuel line off and make sure its flowing freely.

--
    on a different note, I loved my 225dx back in the day. move on to a honda 350x when I returned to 3 wheelers.

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I had a BW200 Yamaha that would do the same thing. It ended up being the stator. It would start right up and run good, then a few minutes into riding it would start running rough and die and would not start until it cooled all the way down. Stator gets hot and fails.

--
    I got a blue 225DX that can sit for a week, start up right away, ride for 20 minutes & then it sits for a couple hours & won't restart, have to wait until the next day for it to start...
    MF!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //