//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Centrifugal clutch seized on crankshaft

--

Back to report

I know it has been a while since I have updated, but everything went back together and the Yamaha lives! My son and I have been riding for a while with no issues

I never did locate a location for that little yellow spring and I never found another spring in there like it. When I went to put the cover on after installing all of the new parts, the crankshaft would not slide into the outer crank bearing in the case cover. The crank was mushroomed at the end from my attempts with the 3 jaw puller. So I patiently sanded the end of the crank until it would fit in the bearing perfectly. I also had to order a die to clean up the crankshaft threads for the centrifugal clutch assembly’s nut. They weren’t that bad, but they had a couple of spatter bb’s from welding.

I told you guys I didn’t want to leave this thread unresolved. Even though I’m a little late getting back, I guess it’s better late than never lol. I will see if I still have the pics from when I put her back together and will post them here if I do
    1984 YTM 225 DX
    2004 CRF 150F

--
    You lucky guys also get a video with some pics! Lol. Looks like I still had t on my phone. Here she is.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0yLMZmS
    1984 YTM 225 DX
    2004 CRF 150F

--
    I hope everyone is doing great! The ytm225 has been awesome as far as the clutch, but I am currently doing the top end on it. I wanted to give at least one more update and provide the final resolution to this thread. I was recently looking up some information on the top end parts and I watched a YouTube video that showed someone taking apart the OEM timing chain tensioner and guess what…that is where the yellow spring came from lmfao. Someone must have done a top end on this ole girl and dropped the spring in the case when they were taking the tensioner apart. Well, other than the top end, I have been working on my son’s yfm350, my brother’s trx350 and my grizzly 600. Happy early thanksgiving!
    1984 YTM 225 DX
    2004 CRF 150F

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //