//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gun use may be at risk in my town-

--

Gun use may be at risk in my town-

Hope its ok to post this here, so a neighbor of mine doesn't like guns/highly against them. He approached me a year or so ago and said "we've gotta do something to stop the man down the street" he has a legit legal gun range at his residence. My response was "dude your talking to the wrong guy", I have absolutely no problem with hearing gun shots on occasion, he shoots maybe once every other week for a half hour if that.
    This complaining neighbor moved in about 4yrs ago- man with the gun range has been here almost 10yrs.
    So on this link it says to share with facebook/twatter i don't have either....so i figured i'd share here. so yes a "no" vote is what this town needs. Hope this link works?
    Thanks for your time.....https://hopkintonindependent.com/sel...with-neighbor/
    no comment necessary just vote and hit the vote button below in the link, thanks
    As far as i know he and his wife are the only ones complaining, the area i live has always been known as a hunting and fishing location/town.
    This same (complaining neighbor) lit off a bunch fireworks at his house the night biden won......
    shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 01-28-2021 at 12:55 PM.

--
    1071 people have voted so far and 90% agree with you not to change laws. I hope that helps convince the town to let just let the guy keep complaining.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Hope its ok to post this here, so a neighbor of mine doesn't like guns/highly against them. He approached me a year or so ago and said "we've gotta do something to stop the man down the street" he has a legit legal gun range at his residence. My response was "dude your talking to the wrong guy", I have absolutely no problem with hearing gun shots on occasion, he shoots maybe once every other week for a half hour if that.
    This complaining neighbor moved in about 4yrs ago- man with the gun range has been here almost 10yrs.
    So on this link it says to share with facebook/twatter i don't have either....so i figured i'd share here. so yes a "no" vote is what this town needs. Hope this link works?
    Thanks for your time.....https://hopkintonindependent.com/sel...with-neighbor/
    no comment necessary just vote and hit the vote button below in the link, thanks
    As far as i know he and his wife are the only ones complaining, the area i live has always been known as a hunting and fishing location/town.
    This same (complaining neighbor) lit off a bunch fireworks at his house the night biden won......
    shep
    So it starts as a "concerned citizen" voicing their opinion as a safety issue, then paints the gun owner as evil and scary because of the variety of guns owned. 2a has nothing to do with hunting. I wouldn't give those pearl clutching libs an inch of slack. The minute you do, they want something else, and it's going to get worse because of the current administration in power.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I would pay very close attention to your local city/county/township/whatever meetings and make sure you and your neighbors show up if this guy trys to take it to the council. If enough don't show up he'll get what he wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Good luck, i bet it won't last long, gun owners and gun rights are getting to be a minority in some places. Where i live you can even shoot a BB gun in town, its literally in the city ordinances that you can't discharge any firearm or airgun within city limits. I had a run-in with this law a few years ago, i built an air cannon that launches a tethered tennis ball, the air cannon has a fishing reel on it, its for getting a line up into a tree to support the ends of dipole antennas, also works really good for pulling the rope saw up over a high limb to trim them. They were trying to say it represented an air powered weapon....
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
    Good luck, i bet it won't last long, gun owners and gun rights are getting to be a minority in some places. Where i live you can even shoot a BB gun in town, its literally in the city ordinances that you can't discharge any firearm or airgun within city limits. I had a run-in with this law a few years ago, i built an air cannon that launches a tethered tennis ball, the air cannon has a fishing reel on it, its for getting a line up into a tree to support the ends of dipole antennas, also works really good for pulling the rope saw up over a high limb to trim them. They were trying to say it represented an air powered weapon....
    See my post above yours. If you and your firearms friends don't go to the council meetings and fight this sh!t it ends up happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Theres nothing to fight, it already passed years ago... There is no removing it, no changing it, its in the city ordinance and thats that. So for us its just how it is. I know plenty of guys still take out squirrels with air rifles, we just don't talk about it... LOL
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    Same here in one place I live. Air and even spring operated, thus even nerf is questionable
    Last edited by plastikosmd; 02-05-2021 at 09:49 AM.

--
    Still boggles my mind how most everywhere I go and most people I speak to tend not to side with the liberals and lean a bit more right that Biden got in. Hard to comprehend. And please don't take this as a conspiracy theory vote stealing hijack to the thread because its not. I have to have faith that our system is honest but it just seems so many more folks lean to the right. I've never seen a giant truck or boat parade for Biden or rallies with thousands of supporters. Here's to keeping my fingers cross the left doesn't take away all our rights. see what I did there... LOL
    In the garage
    2007 Yamaha Tri-Z 450
    2017 YZ 250F
    2003 XR100 (son's)
    2005 Raptor 350 (other son's)

Gone but not forgotten
    86 350X
    16 WR 250R
    03 FZ1
    96 Katana 600
    89 XT350
    84 250R
    84 200X
    79 ATC 110
    74 ATC 90

--
    Population density of urban/city vs rural/semi-rural

Nyc dictates what happens in the whole state, etc

--
    theirs always some PITA new comer who moves in and then tries to make everything be how they want it. My NRA instructor has a nice range in his yard and also has a little indoor range in his basement, he has lived here all his life and has been an NRA certified instructor for years and years, now our town really doesn't have any very strict laws against shooting on your property so long as you have enough land, a proper back stop and don't shoot too late or too early. that said, if someone complains, the cops HAVE to show up... well this guy gets a new neighbor who starts busting his balls over him shooting, then he gets a hair across his butt about him teaching the NRA gun safety class from his house but,,, what he didn't know was he was in a commercial zone so he was f***ed...lol but the thing that really pissed off my friend was this guy said that he "moved out here from the city to get away from all the noise and find some peace"... lol,lol The whole Peaceful country setting is a myth, between the guns, the farm equipment, chainsaws and animals... not to mention the quads, dirt bikes and occasional trike and the Harley's and mud trucks, its hardly ever that quiet! Its even noisier if you live near the lake!

--
    Our rights to just about anything sure are disappearing quickly...

I just read the article and some comments.

I moved here in 1998, I'm probably 2500 feet from a gun range, sometimes it gets a bit obnoxious, but it was there long before me.

If someone were to complain that lives on the nearby lots that sold at that time, they knew it was there. And if the city were to change anything for the new home owners, that would be wrong and the town should not have allowed the sales of that land next to the gun club if years later they try to shut them down.

People always fall back on the "It's for the children, they're scared" tactic, that's just a bunch of BS that tugs on peoples emotions, don't change anything based on emotions...

I honestly have a much bigger issue - DOGS!! Everyone wants a damn dog, and they play with it as a puppy but then they stick it outside. They now don't play with the dog, nor take the dog for walks, so all the dogs do is bark aall day at anything that moves. I'm amazed at how long a dog can bark.

IMO it's animal abuse, do not get an animal for your temporary comfort. Then keep him indoors until he bothers you and then stick it outside to bother everyone else. Pisses me off because I'm surrounded by untrained dogs that the owners pay no attention to...
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 03-27-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Media driven hysteria. MSM is basically a monopoly, only owned by a handful of corporations. Local, independent news, is all but gone. It's all about the narrative now and not the actual informing of facts and unbiased news.

It's an attack on independent thought, to bring the masses under control of a handful of psychotic rulers, who want to enslave all of humanity. It's truly a fight for the salvation of future generations.

Links to recent MSM, bad bang-bang shenanigans:

http://https://defconnews.com/2021/02/28/fake-news-propaganda-lies-about-surge-in-mass-shootings-to-push-gun-control/

https://www.reddit.com/r/progun/comm...state_here_as/

For anyone who hasn't already seen the MSM all blabbering the EXACT SAME THING:

The Deadspin video itself, not a link through something else.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fHfgU8oMSo
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post

I honestly have a much bigger issue - DOGS!! Everyone wants a damn dog, and they play with it as a puppy but then they stick it outside. They now don't play with the dog, nor take the dog for walks, so all the dogs do is bark aall day at anything that moves. I'm amazed at how long a dog can bark.

IMO it's animal abuse, do not get an animal for your temporary comfort. Then keep him indoors until he bothers you and then stick it outside to bother everyone else. Pisses me off because I'm surrounded by untrained dogs that the owners pay no attention to...

Come ride with me on a bicycle sometime.

Here's a link to news story of a cyclist who was attacked by a dog:
    https://www.5newsonline.com/article/...d-ec450abd350f

Worst part was the initial cavalier attitude of the local law enforcement and the owner, who even blamed the victim.

If that had been a child, they most likely would be dead.

The 2nd amendment is for a lot of things, including self defense against violent domestic animals. I'm not going to be able to outrun a dog while cycling, unless it's on a downhill, but even then, there's an increased risk of a crash if the dog runs into my path. At first sight of a dog moving into the roadway, I dismount, put the bike between me and the dog, and am prepared to defend myself. Multiple dogs closing in for an actual attack, and my choices for getting out of the situation without having to resort to a high level of self defense are very limited.

--
    Biden's pick to lead the ATF is David Chipman.

He was at Waco during the whole Branch Davidian fiasco, and had a picture taken of him standing over the ashes of 26 children.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41555526-9454603-image-a-7_1617990956003.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	267363

He was also at Ruby Ridge, where government snipers killed a father's 14yo son (on his own property) and assassinated his wife in the doorway of their home, while she was holding their infant child, then taunted her husband about it for days, while her corpse lay in the house. FYI, he later sued the federal government, AND WON! Not that it sets things right, but it shows how corrupt the whole situation was and the absolutely, unhinged, psychotic people who are working in and running the government agencies.

A few short news article about David Chipman.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...licopters.html

http://militianews.com/the-fbi-is-re...ear-waco-texas

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/09...ent-lockdowns/

This nutter thinks nobody should own firearms, except people like him. Patients running the asylum?
    Last edited by ATC King; 04-13-2021 at 10:20 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //