//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Today I buried my dog.

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Thank you very much for this long reply to this sad thread. I am so sorry man this sucks! I feel your pain. At first I felt a little foolish even posting this here. You all have helped me get over that and I appreciate it. Did I cry? A little when we were on our way up the mountain. Then nothing! Till yesterday. I turned into a blathering idiot. Telling my wife how sorry I was that I had to kill her dog. That I did not want to do it. Welling up again now. this is killing me. Cambria (my granddaughter that we raised for 8 years) has not seen her dog since early March last year. We can argue why if you like but I am sooo pissed off! The dog was Melissa's and Cambria's. But one (who also has Down Syndrome) did not even get to say goodbye. And I have no idea how she is taking this. Not to much communication between my son and I. To much anger over covid bullshit. I am really struggling. I do not mean to change the subject but in out case this bullshit has had a major impact on out family. The loss of Cinder right in the middle of the rest is just icing on an already burnt to a crisp cake. Have not seen my son or is family in almost a year. they are 15 minutes away. Sad and mad, Ted

--
    You're welcome and sorry to hear the struggles you are going through, i hear it so much these days... I hear ya man.... This last year has been tough, the kids were having a hard time with school, grades were starting to suffer because of the BS learning plans they had while staying home instead of real time with teachers, schedules for everyone were messed up, my Wife works for the school so she has seen all year the struggling and pain by families just barely getting by both financially and mentally and it took a heck of a toll on her, and things were just starting to calm down for us here, school was opening back up, her daily stress was going down, my work is all from home and virtual anyway so the year for me was ok, even better financially as everyone moved to working from home and businesses needed people like me, but then just as things were getting better Bailey got sick, we camped out on a mattress in the living room floor and the couch for a month because we wanted to limit her going upstairs to bed, and we didn't want her to be alone because at that time we didn't even know what was making her sick, everything just went crazy the last month supporting her and keeping things as together as we could. Its somewhat of a relief that she is done with being uncomfortable and that she never got to being in daily pain, but we are all still coping with it.

I know about the outbursts of emotion, i was having a good day today, still missing her, then a memory would come to mind and i would be sad all over again. But i know it will get better, sadly i have been through this before, grieving sucks, but its a part of life. We are still pretty closed down here in MN, things are getting more open as time goes on, hoping to get back to a more normal soon and see friends and family more. But it just seems like a long road yet to get there with all this Covid crap going on.

Hang in there man, march on, and things will get better! I am keeping myself busy with little projects around the house and stuff i can work on, its been below zero air temps all week, so i haven't even went out to look at the ATC's, though i still have some projects to do on them. Maybe the coming weekend when we are supposed to get above zero.. I need more distractions.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //