//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200x petcock filter question

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

200x petcock filter question

Looking to get my tank ready to put back on the trike. When I took the petcock off the tank the filter/screen stuck in the tank and I had to use needle nose pliers to remove it. I was as gentle as I could be, but it did get a little boogered up, here's a pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210214_162006.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	843.8 KB 
ID:	266686

Might be too hard to see but in the process of getting it out pulling on it with the pliers created "bumps" on the bottom edge/diameter if the screen assembly. Will this cause a leak? Could I carefully shave the bumps off to make it a flush contact surface and run it? Or do I buy a new petcock? To the best of my knowledge the filter/screen isn't available.

Also, does the o-ring go under this screen assembly or around the diameter? Based on the size of my existing o-ring and the vague memory of disassembly, it looks like it goes around the diameter. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by jasong_10; 02-14-2021 at 06:04 PM.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //