//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Rubber tubes on stock 185S airbox

--

Rubber tubes on stock 185S airbox

I recently bought a 1982 185S and am new to the forum. The machine was in need of quite a few things, but I went over it pretty well and replaced the brakes, wheel and axle bearings, tires, steering bearings, fuel tank, seat, rear fenders, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

The carb was pretty messed up after sitting for many years, but I managed to clean it and get it running well. Fortunately the engine only needed adjustments to the valves and cam chain.

My question though is with the stock air box. I would like to reuse it, but the 2 rubber hoses that connect it to the carb and the frame are both dried and cracked beyond use. I have poked around the internet and so far have not found replacements. Are people tossing the stock airbox and using something else? Right now I have one of those cheap universal ebay specials on there, but it seems like the stock air cleaner would be much better for it.

Thoughts?

--
    They run better with the stock airbox, right amount restriction and all that. I have seen a few where guys made some tubes out of rubber hose, i guess anything is possible, but otherwise watching eBay and trying to find some ones in better shape or an entire airbox is the best bet. I had to find one for one of my 200's, took a while watching eBay but finally snagged one. There doesn't appear to be any aftermarket options.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //