ID:	266711

Crankshaft pulled through

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210214_101157.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	266712

Transmission in

The bike has been completely disassembled in the 90's by someone else... Years later after moving with this since then it's time.

Where do I get my head rebuilt? 4stroke tech is hard to contact.. have a 400 cc kit... But to keep costs down. I have 3 cylinders maybe do the 400 now? Why wait lol 😂

--
    Geez, 4stroke tech must be a busy place? Texts only and very short answers.
    I need a lead on getting my head reconditioned

--
    I was going to bolt the cases together but ran into a problem? . The countershaft moves left n right in relation to the cases. Moves what seems like 1/4" and I can see the right countershaft bearing in right case moving with shaft. Like the bearing is not pressed into right case tight.
    I looked at transmission in manual and made sure I had all washers, bearings, and all in right order.
    Should the countershaft be moving? Is there a "shim" or spacer needed somewhere?

--
    Welcome, Sorry I cant help, I have never had to really tear into my 30x.
    I didn't want you to think no one was reading your post. I just don't have the answer.

Good luck I look forward to seeing the bike.

MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Do you have the Honda manual? They have a very nice exploded diagram of the transmission gears and shafts. Get the manual here:
    https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/462...=1604354179700

Here is the picture from page 10-9 (click for a larger view):

Name:	Transmission Gears.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	266729
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    Thank you Mr C.

Frank, I do have the manual since the 90's when I started with my 86 350 x.. now it's time to assemble my 85 that's been apart from someone else since the 90's. I have spent a few hours looking at the engine assembly sections.. I was missing item #30 (washers) from parts manual.. found that I had another on a spare transmission that I had.. I do believe I have the shafts assembly correct... I have not bolted the cases together due to this issue . The cases touch and crank, gears, main and countershaft spin freely with no drag or noise. I plan on taking it all back apart and going through the gears again and checking for where that would cause it to have excessive end play . My chain would never stay on I'm sure or I would burn up something else if I don't get this fixed.
    Thank you for reading my posts even if you can't help maybe someone can or someone will see that I had issues and they won't have the same issues It's all good I'll get it done

Updated.
    I have all the parts assembled correctly per manual. With 2 different counter shafts with complete gear sets. I am ordering New washers#29&30 and others that are available. I must have worn thrust washers? Manual doesn't list washer thicknesses or setup of the thrust
    I Did find out my frame is trashed.. not to bad. Right Foot peg threads mostly.. no rear master reservoir hanger..looking for a better frame. This my take awhile to locate.
    Last edited by badlarry; 02-20-2021 at 10:21 PM.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Badlarry:

I can't help you either but look on the bright side. You have 2 350X's!

--
    Cases are assembled.

Time to rebuild the head.
    Which valves are recommend?
    Versah or are shindy just as good?
    Kibble white springs and retainers are the best?
    Good midrange cam? Mega race is same as web 213¿

--
    kb5 industries can rebuild heads. I use brad for all my heads and crank rebuilds. cheaper and faster the FST, plus he calls you back.

--

Name:	IMG_20210520_091332.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	554.3 KB 
ID:	267642

Have the frame gussetted and PC gloss black.. also did side covers, brake pedal and linkage with a few other parts..
    Time to finish the engine

--
    Quote Originally Posted by badlarry View Post
    Cases are assembled.

Time to rebuild the head.
    Which valves are recommend?
    Versah or are shindy just as good?
    Kibble white springs and retainers are the best?
    Good midrange cam? Mega race is same as web 213¿
    I went with web cam. There local to me. Recommended by one of the members here. Works great. Upped the power all over , also went with a 12-1 wiseco. I had racetech redo my head , new shindy valves ported exhaust polished and reseated with a 3 angle valve job. I used the web springs. So far so good. Was about two years ago with a lot of riding in between then. No issues. Read your earlier posts, seems like FST did you like they did me. Short snarky replies on Facebook messenger only. Nice build so far. Good luck hope I helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I'd call and talk to the folks at G&H about rebuilding your head. I've not had them do any work like that for me but they do offer to do it. They have always been good to deal with.

--
    Just about finished!!!!

Now I'm not sure if I should keep and collect dust or sell to another addict for their collection or to ride.

Fix fuel tank and buy plastic is where I'm at

--
    Kb5ind.com. Brad support a national race team, more then micky dunlop does anymore and his cost are fair. I just had a trx200sx headredone, resurfaced, 5 angle valve grind new valves etc....I might of been 200 bucks. Guys get into these old things due to its cheap. The guys later realized no one works on stuff or so they think. A cheap project is never a good investment so pick your lane and decide what ya wanna do. I just sold off another 350x. So glad I did. I'm over this old .

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //