//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Wiring diagram info

--

Wiring diagram info

I’m sure you’re all tired of my questions by now but I was tracing my harness down on my new 85 250R just checking it out and found two empty connectors back at the end of the left frame rail but near to the taillight connector. There’s also 2 green ground wires bolted to the frame right there. What are the 2 empty terminals for? I don’t see them on the diagram. I also found the PO just wrapped the wires together and put electrical tape over it when he installed the pro armor kill switch so I’ll have to do that correctly when I install a factory on/off switch and I’m wondering if that connection is causing my bogging at half throttle and up? It looks like those 2 grounds in the rear are the coil the rest of the electrics because I didn’t find a ground near the engine. I found a oem cdi and ordered a new oem coil so I’ll try them and it doesn’t hurt to have spares if not needed.
    Last edited by JOEY11; 02-17-2021 at 07:24 PM.

--
    Is your trike a 250ES

--
    Crap...sorry. It’s an 85 250R. I started so many posts lately I forgot the most important part.

--
    The 250R did not have any factory spare connectors. The 85 R grounds the main harness on the right side up by the radiator so the two green wires is either replacing the factory ground or added to it. The back of the frame should only have one green wire and one brown wire for the tail light.

--
    I remembered what the 2 spare connectors are. The regulator is gone since the previous owner removed the light and the regulator so those are the 2 empty connectors on the rear left side near the taillight wires. I didn’t find a ground up front so he must have them both in the back. He also gave me an 86 harness that’s in better shape so I may modify it and use eventually but after I get this thing running right.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //