//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '82 atc 250r

--

'82 atc 250r

Want to put a skinnier front tire on my trike, from my research I can't just put a new wheel on. Anyone know what front hub I could swap over the easiest? I prefer the setup on my 200x better.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapchat-694114007.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	266827Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200817_090114.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	266828

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

--
    Sell the entire original front end and look for a 1st gen 200x set up. popular swap many people do that. Also the original fat tire set up is still desirable so you should be able to break even on the swap.

I have an 84 250R front set up and rear shock on my 82.

--
    I have a spare set of 200x forks but no spare hub, not sure on the year as I got them with the 250r. Can't just put a different hub on the original forks? I see a lot of people saying one thing will work then other say no, sometimes I have a hard time trying to find the facts.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by LBZDirtyMaxx View Post
    I have a spare set of 200x forks but no spare hub, not sure on the year as I got them with the 250r. Can't just put a different hub on the original forks? I see a lot of people saying one thing will work then other say no, sometimes I have a hard time trying to find the facts.

Nope. You would need a custom hub made. Or do what was already suggested. You could also have your triple trees bored out to accept 83/84 250r forks/hub/brake/etc.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I believe Dirtcrasher posted somewhere the different length spacers needed for each model front hubs.

Seems like a different hub other than a 200x could be used if you make spacers that centered the wheel properly.
    200x front wheel hubs should be plentiful, post up a want ad someone here should be able to sell you the right stuff.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    I believe Dirtcrasher posted somewhere the different length spacers needed for each model front hubs.

Seems like a different hub other than a 200x could be used if you make spacers that centered the wheel properly.
    200x front wheel hubs should be plentiful, post up a want ad someone here should be able to sell you the right stuff.
    Thank you, I'm still trying to figure this app out!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //