//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Sprock cool heads

--

Sprock cool heads

So I came across a sprock head with no dome . Is there any other dome I could use or find a sprock dome thanks in advance

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The seller said you could use 250R domes in it...

--
    Ok cool that’s what I thought . Now next question would be are the 250 r domes still available I called sp performance but can’t get them to answer phone

--
    Try ATC-Eric on here, or Off-Road Innovations. I think Greg is the guy to talk to.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I have been talking to Greg an he has all the hardware an o rings but no domes or heads . He’s pretty certain that 250r domes won’t work .so I’m not sure what to do maybe just spend the 40 for 21 cc 250r dome an see how it fits . Unless I can find one of the ones that came with it . Thanks

--
    Not sure how deep you want to reach into your pockets for this, but one option might be to buy the smaller cc dome and send it to Rob Selvy to have reworked to whatever volume and squish you want.

Contact him first though, I wanted him to do that to a Yamaha Cool Head and he said the material wasn't there to do the dome shape he developed, so I had to send a stock head. Maybe the Honda is different, or he's willing to compromise. That brings up another and probably better/cheaper option and that is to send him your stock head for the full meal deal. He can O-ring it too. Give him you current squish, head gasket thickness and deck height and tell him what fuel you want to run and he will set you up with exactly what you need, probably for about the same as an off the rack Sprock Head that won't be as tailored to your engine as his would be.

As an example, the engine I did put a Sprock head on needed a fair bit of material turned off the cylinder in order to get the squish in spec. That's not a knock at Sprock's product, they're built for a better safe than sorry scenario as are all in-stock performance parts, I'm just saying that Selvy will do that work for you.

My $0.02
    Last edited by El Camexican; 02-25-2021 at 03:58 PM.
    It sucks to get old

--
    How would I get in contact with rob selvy

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Justis View Post
    How would I get in contact with rob selvy
    I met him through Yaeger Performance, or Yaegerb on here.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Hey guy, I can help you. Shoot me a message.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //