//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84 ATC 200s headlight replacement?

--

84 ATC 200s headlight replacement?

My 84 200S has no headlight. I saw some "replacement" headlights on ebay from china that look like they should work. Has anyone here used one of these lights? Some have 5 wires some have 3 wires. Which one to get? Headlight wires on 3 wire version are red white black. Trike has dark green white and blue. Anyone ever hooked one of these up? How did you wire it? Please let me know what you know about these. Thanks!

--
    Not the same thing, but I bought one of those cheap Chinese replacement headlights for my 1983 185S. It bolted up fine, the wires plugged in, and it does work. I don't care that it's black and I hardly ever ride after dark so it won't get used very often. I just think that it looks better with a black headlight than it did with a red headlight housing and a bunch of wires hanging out in the open.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	266852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	266853

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Not the same thing, but I bought one of those cheap Chinese replacement headlights for my 1983 185S. It bolted up fine, the wires plugged in, and it does work. I don't care that it's black and I hardly ever ride after dark so it won't get used very often. I just think that it looks better with a black headlight than it did with a red headlight housing and a bunch of wires hanging out in the open.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	266852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	266853
    That is the exact one I'm looking at on ebay. How many wires did the one you got have hanging out of it? Three wires or five? I'm going to order one.

--
    I don't remember how many wires are there. I'd have to remember to look tomorrow.

--
    I'd really appreciate it if you would let me know how you hooked it up. Thanks!

--
    I'm sorry that it took me a while to get back to this. My garage where I keep my trikes is in another town 15 miles west of the town that I live in. I don't get over there all that often this time of year. I did remember to go today and look while I was there. My headlight has three wires coming out of the back of it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	693.6 KB 
ID:	266948 It was pretty easy to hook up that way. Just like the factory one did.

--
    Perfect. Thank you!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //