//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hi wow what a cool site

--

Hi wow what a cool site

Hi I’m Bryan from Ontario. I always was a two wheel guy but am gonna fix that soon. I’m having some difficulty finding anyone willing to insure a three wheeler here. I always admired the three wheelers and was not aware of the huge following they had.
    While looking into what the cost may be to buy one and if parts could be had I see now that that’s not an issue. Except for the insurance. If anyone from Ontario knows an insurer please help me out.
    And congrats on the great site. You have been having lots of fun without me for too long.

Finn
    Last edited by Finn; 03-10-2021 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have nothing on insurance. would like to say every boy should have a dog. IMO same goes for a trike! Let us know what you find..

--
    Found out today it costs $1700 a year to insure a 1985 big red es. What a disappointment. Are all the Ontario guys here just driving on private land where they don’t need insurance? I gotta have insurance to use this machine on public land (while hunting or fishing etc). in the bush.

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I don't understand how it could cost so much for that....crazy!

--
    I carry liability insurance on my 250R and 350X.
    They are $35 per year through Erie Insurance.
    Not sure if that helps you being in Canada, though.
    Good luck and welcome!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Found out today it costs $1700 a year to insure a 1985 big red es. What a disappointment. Are all the Ontario guys here just driving on private land where they don’t need insurance? I gotta have insurance to use this machine on public land (while hunting or fishing etc). in the bush.
    That sucks. I assume that’s just third party insurance? What does it cost to register a sled?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Is that a quote from your broker or did you search around? That sounds over the top even for the JT loving province of "Onterrible", lol. FYI, I'm originally from there so I can diss it I insured my 84 200 Big red for less than $300/yr in Alberta carrying the basic coverage (PL/PD) with no fire and theft or collision. I use the "Personal" insurance which should be available there......... and I've heard State Farm will insure them too.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool