--
    I picked up the square today.

This is how it looked insitu:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300EX (1).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	267409

Don't anyone hold their breath. This thing is in bad shape. It sat with the spark plug out. It does roll though, and go through the gears. The clutch also works. I'm going to literally fill the engine with a diesel/oil mix, all the way to the very top. It'll leak out though, 'cause the case has chain damage. Doing what I can to get the current moisture out and protect anything that isn't already FUBARd.

That's the most I'll do to it until this winter, and possibly longer. I won't be able to touch it, because I'll be away.

Cost so far - $0
    Last edited by ATC King; 04-17-2021 at 11:32 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I don't understand why people throw their money away..not you just the person who owned it.

You can part the rest out you dont need qhich is about everything.

I buy them all the time to rob parts. Id take your seat and rear shock if you desire to part.

Last few i bought were mixed with 350x parts.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Good score King. If nothing else for the back rims and hubs. I also saw where a guy figured out how to use the back fenders on a 350x.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I don't understand why people throw their money away..not you just the person who owned it.

Some people are just like that. I've seen those who've spent their own hard earned money, and just destroy and neglect things. I'd never have anything if I was like that.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
    Good score King. If nothing else for the back rims and hubs.
    That's a negative, Ghostrider.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300EXhub.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	267415

It's not even the worst part either. I drained mostly water out of the engine, through the stripped drain plug hole. Done what I can and poured about two gallons of diesel through it.

I'm not excited about it at all, but with the starting price, there's some wiggle room. Now I just need a similar condition and price 350X to complete the set.

--
    300ex hubs wont fit on 350x axle anyway. like i said you wont use much from the 300ex but the motor and wire harness. even the carb is about worthless, needs 400ex carb at least grab some go. you can get them hubs off, ive done it. it takes a lot of time to slightly grind weld down. But when things are free time is ok to spend on them.

I'll make a build 300x build thread one of these days. Might just be some pictures. I did order a new engine mount kit and some other laser cut items I needed make. There will be things you just can't find anymore and its cheaper to just make new items. I had to do that for my seat.

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    Now I just need a similar condition and price 350X to complete the set.
    This thread has me very interested in one of these builds, I've got to find both though, lol.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //