//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 200es Fork Replacement?

--
    It's been done...FACT. What it takes, IDK, but it couldn't be too much.

There are a lot of bearing combinations out there that could make things simple. All a person has to do is invest some time searching bearing manufacturer sites, or post a lazy reply in the hopes that some gooberhead will volunteer time to hold their hand.

I'm not anybody's gooberhead.

Although I'm unemployed ATM, I'm not spending half an hour looking up sheet for anyone that has the same internet access.

I do know that I've seen quite a few 250ES rollers for decent prices. It wouldn't be any stretch to buy one just for the front end and sell the rest for a profit.
    Last edited by ATC King; 03-15-2021 at 11:49 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I think if I found a roller 250es for a decent price I'd probably drop the 200es and make the 250 my project. My buddy wanted a 250 anyway.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

--
    Great info on here, I really appreciate it. I'm gonna be pulling my 200es front end apart and checking it out after I get the bike running nice. The forks aren't seized, but they don't move smoothly. I know the 200m forks won't fit the rack but will the fender, axle, brake, etc all fit? And is a 250es front end an option?

--
    Well, looks like I absolutely need a new set of forks for my bike. When I use the front brake the wheel rocks back almost an inch. Once I get a set of 200m forks and everything to do the conversion I'm going to get my buddy to weld the mounts on for the 200es headlight and rack. Just posted a wanted ad, hopefully there's one out there

--
    A year and six days old. not an ancient thread. I didn't want to re-hash all the same stuff. I'm up against the same front end troubles. I swapped a 200m front onto an 84ES about two years ago. Easy enough. I'm up against the same issue with another machine. I do not have a 200m front end this time. I'm measuring and checking for bearings that will allow the 250ES forks onto the 200ES, as claimed above. I have not seen it done. Does anyone know if it has been done? It would be a nice option.
    Last edited by New Sox; 04-13-2022 at 06:28 PM. Reason: adding detail

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //