//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 Honda ATC200S sold today 12,000.00 on BaT

--

1984 Honda ATC200S sold today 12,000.00 on BaT

Minty original condition 84 ATC200S out of northern California. Timed auction I think it would have ed at 8,000.00 but Bring A Trailer adds 2 more minutes every time a higher bid comes in. So kept adding two minute intervals from 8k up to the final 12k.honda200 3whlr-1.jpg1984_honda_200s_16112565307e4dd26IMG_5388-scaled.jpeg

--
    Wow.. thats insane. Don't get me wrong, a 200S that mint is definitely worth some coin but to me its not one of the most desirable models, but still its definitely a time capsule. Safety stickers still on the fender even.. I haven't seen those stickers since the late 80's... LOL
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    Not stock tires and it looks like the fuel tank has been refinished. Seat cover? It's easy enough to reproduce decals anymore. Nice, but not museum price.

Is there a chance of non-paying bidders on BaT? I've seen several relisted trikes on Ebay due to that, and I'm wondering how inflated the prices have become based on really nothing more than speculation. I've cast some trike bids on Ebay, only to see bidders with little to no history outbid me. Shills?
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    There is probably less chance of a non-payer. BaT is a lot of high-rollers, sometimes million dollar plus collector cars...it's entertaining at least. They will permanently ban anyone that doesn't come thru with the transaction. And you can't "snipe" on BaT. Clock resets 2 more minutes at that deadline anytime there's another bid. As soon as something hits a high dollar mark on BaT, more of them start showing up. "Vintage" Ford pickups are just rocking right now. New hot item in those is now the 9th Gen/OBS trucks (93-97). 7.3 diesels going up to 60 or 70 thousand, and 7.5 gassers now hitting 40 or more. (Dentsides and Bullnose been crazy for awhile, now Bumpsides are also a thing.) Trikes are gonna be the new item I guess.

That 350X at Mecum is open for bids now...I think it ends tomorrow. Maybe he should have gone BaT. One thing I just thought of, too. BaT, you have to have a credit card on file to register to bid and they have a buyers fee, and your credit card limit has to be able to cover that fee.
    Last edited by wyokawie; 03-19-2021 at 11:34 AM.

--
    Cool.

I guess a better question would have been how prevalent is shill bidding there. I just checked out that 200S and they say it got fresh oil and a spark plug in January. Why miss the air filter?

There's definitely people paying top dollar for even the newer stuff on there. 80's-90's pickups going for some stupid prices. I think I even seen an 80's-90's Ford with the International diesel go really high. That's the 7.3 IDI, non turbo, gutless wonder. Will run forever...unfortunately. Yes, they can be and were set up with a turbo, but otherwise...
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Hey I almost bought this 93 F250 4X4 Reg Cab with the IDI engine. 24k original miles out of Santa Maria, CA. But that rig was spendy and he sold it think to someone locally.1993-ford-f-250-73-turbo-diesel-13.jpg

--
    I did buy this 94 F350 4X4 Reg Cab with the 7.5 460 gas out of southern California. 34k original miles. 24 yrs with 1st owner, now 3 yrs with me. He kept all service records.SANY2684.JPG

--
    Anyway on the 3wheelers and auctions.... I think BaT is kind of an outlier and seems like most everything sells for more on there. I did register to buy an 84 BMW 318i that was all stock original with 50k miles last year on BaT. The Bimmer was just two hours from me, and they were my dream car when I was in my early 20's. That car sold for 8k and I would have been in on it if the owner had been more responsive to questions. If an owner just blows off questions or photo requests, then I don't bother. I've bought long distance and I have to be pretty sure about it before I'm going to spend the money or take a trip to come back empty.

Wonder how many guys are out there that like trikes, but don't have one, or perhaps hadn't given them a thought recently until one pops up on an auction or in a front yard?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //