//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Another one-83 ATC 185S

--

Another one-83 ATC 185S

Well, there's probably gonna be a few trikes on BaT after the 12k 200S. This one is up today out of New Mexico and he also has a 85 200S coming up. I wonder if BaT auctions go higher because there is sort of an online peanut gallery cheering on the bidders. That 350X is open for bidding now at Mecum. I just find it interesting to watch what's happening. They say guys who really wanted one as a kid when they were out new are now buying them for the delayed experience:https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-honda-atc185s/

--
    Has one family been on the same air filter since new?

How can someone consciously put that kind of price on one of these without dropping $15 on a new, OEM air filter? If I had something nice like that, it'd certainly get a fresh oil change, new air filter, and spark plug. I wouldn't even ride a beater with an air filter looking like that and certainly wouldn't sell something presented as premium while neglecting something so simple.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Hey first thing I noticed, too.....man that is a ratty air filter. Not keeping a whole lot out in that shape.

--
    Conclusion....the 83 185S with the ratty air filter sold for 7400.00 ATC 200S coming up from same guy, meanwhile, an 84 ATC 125M is on from a different seller, but there's a lull in the bidding while the guy gets a leak in the gas tank fixed. I do like that the "safety police types" commenting on how dangerous they are have been getting told to just go away Screenshot (7).jpg

--
    That's investment prices for something that really isn't a good investment. Maybe it was a personal impulse buy, or maybe some large dealership bought it to put on the floor or indoor balcony/wall. They may at least be able to write it off of taxes somehow. Advertising expenses?

It's also hard to believe numbskulls still call trikes dangerous after the multitudes of people dying in side by sides. Those things have full seats, seat belts, and roll cages, and people are still offing themselves with them. There are literally federal government statistics that prove adding an extra wheel didn't save lives.

I haven't heard of a single fatality because a person was trapped under a trike and couldn't get free. There are hundred if not thousands of cases where that's happened with large quads and side by sides. Drowning and people riding alone who died from injury and exposure. Just a few miles from here, an older man died when he became trapped under his quad while out hunting. He didn't come home that night and by the time they found him in the morning, it was too late.

A quick internet search for 'trapped under ATV' turns up hundreds of horror stories in less than a second. Here's one video I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAW-G7u9bTI

When you're talking +600lb four wheeled vehicles, becoming trapped under one is a very real threat.
    Last edited by ATC King; 03-27-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //