//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1st KLT 160 on Ebay in a while....

--

1st KLT 160 on Ebay in a while....

Overall looks good, just needing some spiffing up and a few bits and bobs, as the Brits would say. But the mechanical side will need a bit more attention....
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Kawasa...0AAOSwbMxgYRIA

--
    Actually looks like they are clearing out, here's a couple more from the same place.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-KL...kAAOSwtSlgYSNt
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-KL...wAAOSwmwRgYSZW

Has a Suzuki, too. Have to be even less of them than Kawi's.

--
    Pretty decent looking. That'd be nice to cruise around on some gravel roads or easy trails.

That '83 KLT200C is pretty sexy looking.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    A 250 as well. Man, somebody was hoarding the Kawi's. If it wasn't clear across the country, be really tempted to go have a look at them. Even the little Suzuki.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Kl...8AAOSwuW5gYRnr

Says the KLT160 has trans issue...probably clutch. Might be no big deal. The others, just says need work to get running. That could be just carbs need cleaned out.
    The bidders on the 160-high bidder is only bidding on that one. Probably a keeper. Second highest bidder is bidding on 17 in the ATV category, so probably a flipper.
    I notice sellers maybe don't realize there is a 3-wheeler category, so when you hit 3-wheeler, most of time, a lot of trikes don't even show-have to just look at all ATVs.

--
    These guys are starting to move, with 3 days out yet. The Suzuki is at 760 as well. Wonder if someone is buying the whole bunch of them since they are all in one place. Screenshot (12).jpg

--
    That 160 jumped right on up there.

It's clean, but I wonder if the more conventional design (fuel tank/forks) along with the shaft drive and reverse are what's bringing the higher price. Maybe they're less common and someone just wants it.

The others, meh, they'd be some nice ones to cruise around on, but I think something along the lines of a Duckster would be more collectible. That's what I'd hold out for if going to plop some moola down on a KLT to collect and mostly just look at. Just have to see what they go for, but I wouldn't personally go nuts on the price for the 200's/250.

Kawasaki_Duckster_200.jpg

--
    Duckster would be a real rare find. Camo has come a long ways hasn't it? There is a Duckster in the Kawi museum at the factory in Lincoln NE. I've just seen the photo of it. I'm hoping to do the factory tour when things open up. There is a Team Green trike-its either a KLT110 or 160 next to the Duckster-can only see the rear end in the photo. I'd like to see it because they didn't sell Team Green KLT's. Only Tecate's. Must be a one-off that they kept in Lincoln.

1900 for the KLT 160 seems pretty strong with needing unknown repair, but could be worth it. Maybe cause they only made 160's in 1985. Last nice one I've seen was last Oct or so, most are barely more than a frame, and seller doesn't even know what's needed. I'd go for the black 200C next. Just needs headlight shroud as well as whatever. I mean I guess if I had some dough and lived in Virginia, I'd just go get the bunch-Honda and Suzuki included. Ha ha. I only paid 1700 for my 1985 KLT110 in perfect running condition.

--
    I guess Ebay just isn't the place to get a good deal.

I found several KLTs within a day drive of me on Craigslist. 300-400 miles isn't unreasonable to drive one way, if it's a good deal, and the fuel cost isn't nearly as high as shipping would be.

The one's I found are just about as clean as the ones in the EBay listings and with the current bids, much less. They're running too, so that's not something I'd have to bother with from the start.

--
    It looks like all of them but the 160 went for reasonable prices. I'm surprised the red 200C went for more than the black one. No idea on the one year difference between them, other than color.

The 250 was probably the rougher looking of them all, but if they have a good bit more power than the 200s, that would have been my pick. It went for the least too.

Still, all good buys. Some people got good/nice examples of KLTs. I wouldn't want to ride the 160 too much though. I don't imagine that major final drive parts for it are plentiful, if something should go sideways.

--
    Went back to check if 160 got any last minute action, but 1900 held for 3 days. Be interesting if they all just needed something like a carb cleanup. Many KTL160 parts are readily available because they share them with 110 and 185, etc. and even same parts continued on to many quads. I haven't had any trouble finding NOS parts for my 110. The final drive might be harder to find parts for, though. (Cool thing about Kawi, I guess, but they use some of the same parts forever on many different machines). I was a little surprised the red passed the black, but yeah, the 250 was prob the best deal, if not much actually needed on it.

So another Honda is up on BaT again. I think this makes at least a month with a Honda ATC being offered. That 12k one is bringing them out of the woodwork, I guess. Last one (a 185) went for 4150.00 but might have gone higher except he found a gas tank leak mid-auction and even though he got it fixed just fine, perhaps it lost some momentum. This one is a guy that regularly sells vintage motorcycles on BaT.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-honda-atc-200/

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //