//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 81 250r Steering Stem Bearings

--

81 250r Steering Stem Bearings

Anyone know what if there’s a steering stem kit that actually works in the first gen 81 ATC250r? Is anyone using tapered bearings?

Race is 15mm deep, looks like it needs to be 12mm.

This is a pyramid parts one, doesn’t seem to fit. The threaded nut won’t go on.

Any tips greatly appreciated. Tried a search, couldn’t find anything.

--
    The all balls kit seems to work just fine.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Double check before you give up on the one you have. I remember my Yamaha sticking out of the tube like that when I went to a tapered bearing and it ended up being fine.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Thanks, I’ve given it a good down and it’s just nowhere near fitting.

Anyone have the all balls too bearing markings? This kit is 320/26x which is 26x48.5x15 in the top.

--
    Moose racing one did the trick. Pyramid parts one didn’t fit for future reference.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by anon3 View Post
    Moose racing one did the trick. Pyramid parts one didn’t fit for future reference.
    Can you post some pics of the new race installed to show how the race looks properly seated? Might help other people as I hear of problems other people encounter when the bearings are too thick for the steering neck.

This is a great build I can't wait to see the custom swingarm! Axle options for that year 250R are scarce. Your build threads will help others when they do up their foolers

--
    That’s the thing. The race sticks up proud just the same, but it’s about 0.5mm thinner and the bearing is a different shape. I’ll take the triples off and grab a photo but it’s the combination of the race and bearing from the pyramid parts kit that is just too tall.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //