//ArrowChat Code

Thread: YT175 Idle”s high in neutral and bogs down in gear.

--

YT175 Idle”s high in neutral and bogs down in gear.

I just got my yt175 running yesterday it ran great but all of a sudden it started bogging and running weird then whenever i put it in neutral it idles high revs high for some reason i dont know why but ive worked on it for the past phew days and now I don’t know whats going on now we replaced the reeds and that didnt work and we tried to mess around with the carb boot but it still runs shitty sorry for the bad grammar and spelling im only 16 any help would be appreciated could it be something in the carb?.

--
    You need to do a compression test and a pressure test to start. If those check out look closer at the carb. Sounds like you might have an air leak.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Boggy and erratic idle usually equals bad crank seals .
    Definitely rule out the carburetor first though .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Ok we messed with idle screw and it turned town the idle and it idled normal it seemed liked but when i was riding it it seems a bit strange but it ran good but while i was riding it the front sprocket broke and all the teeth on the sprocket are snapped off so im gonna order the front sprocket it had ten teeth on it but the pullstart is installed backwards so im gonna have to fix that but whenever i pull the starter while the yt is in gear the wheel goes backwards like its in reverse while its off of course but thanks for the help guys i cleaned the carb with carburetor cleaner and i replaced the reeds but those werent it but is the choke cable in the carb supposed to be in all the way? I dont know if thats causing a problem ill have to tighten it in all the way but the choke lever wont budge up whenever i pull it but whenever i get to my grandpas ill have to see what i can do thanks for the help guys i appreciate it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //