//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 Polaris Scrambler 250 R/ES

--

1985 Polaris Scrambler 250 R/ES

I'm BACK! Been awhile (like over 10 years) since I had a trike. I've been hunting for a Polaris Scrambler for at least 30 years. They are rare and hard to find here in the Rocky Mountain west!

Just yesterday, I was able to buy one. From everything that goes with the history, this was a factory built preproduction trike that was sent out to the regional sales rep out of Utah. This trike was actually brought, along with a Trail Boss, to set up our dealership in Idaho. As can be imagined, I'm pretty EXCITED!

The 2nd owner changed the fenders as the originals were pretty cracked up... does anyone know if there is someone out there reproducing the Scrambler decals? I've found the tank emblems, but would really like to track down a set of decals.
    https://youtu.be/eE8kUUcf8Go

It runs, but needs lots of deferred maintenance, which I'll work my way through. First up will be a new rear brake cable and pads. Then I can start on cosmetics!

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Congrats! Cool score!

--
    That's awesome man! Sometimes the story is worth just as much as the machine! If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the tank badges? I sure need a couple!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody4011 View Post
    That's awesome man! Sometimes the story is worth just as much as the machine! If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the tank badges? I sure need a couple!
    I set up an eBay search for the original polaris part number (5430778 ). Then eBay sent me notice when one popped up.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //