//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Commuter Granger 340 - No Spark!

--

Commuter Granger 340 - No Spark!

Just picked up a Commuter Granger 340 yesterday. The guy said it was running just a couple of months ago, but now it has no spark. He had it apart when I showed up and some mice got in there and chewed up some wires for the coils. He taped them back up, no spark. I'm planning on replacing the wires, doing an ohms test on the coils to see if they are still good. Then see what happens!

It has a KF82D-X Kawasaki Engine. Any other suggestions are welcome!

Once I get her running again, I need to get an aftermarket twist throttle for it since it's missing. Any suggestions which one to get? This is my first trike, I was drawn to this one since it's so unusual and noone else is going to have one.

--
    The Kawasaki ignition parts are not cheap. I found a kawasaki industrial engine manual on ebay that has great troubleshooting instructions and specs. Your KF82 is used in some golf carts, also the John Deere 5 wheelers- which have their ancestry based off commuter trikes. Get a picture of your coil and such, if it's the same as the John Deere I can help you sort through it. This makes me want to mess with my 5 wheeler again!

--
    Thanks, sounds great! I just found a download for the engine at this link.
    https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail....engine-factory
    It was 15 bucks, but now I have it. I'll take some pics and rewire it and test it out.

--
    I ended up purchasing Club Car Gas Golf Cart 1984-1989 Ignition Coil | 1012520 - SKU: 11095 from advantage distribution off of ebay. I installed the new coil and I have spark and she starts up! Thanks for the help, just wanted to post this to help anyone else who might have one of these things.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //