Looking for some advice, or opinions on my 70. It ran great all last summer, but had a leaky crank seal, so over the winter I decided to re-seal the stator plate and go ahead and tear the top end down for inspection and install new gaskets. The piston and cylinder looked great, so I just left them as is and installed new gaskets. I installed the motor back in the frame, gave it quick shot of ether and fired it up in a couple pulls. It ran for approximately one minute as I was feathering the throttle and also adjusting the idle to a sweet spot to where I could get the timing chain tensioner adjusted just right. After I got the idle set where I wanted it, it died and after that point I could never get it to start again. I tried more ether and some fuel down the cylinder, but the most I ever got was a backfire through the carb which resulted in a small flame at the airbox. A couple nights later I decided to check the points. They were off slightly, so I adjusted to .012" and then set it dead on using a 12v light and the "F" on the flywheel method. I checked the valves once again, and both were in spec at .002". I dumped some fuel into the cylinder and could not get it to fire. I checked for spark by holding the plug against the head and it had a nice fat blue spark. I'm running out of ideas of what is going on here. I'm going to pick up a new plug today as I've heard of bad plugs grounding themselves out when they get installed into the head. I also ordered a new woodruff key as the original looks worn and maybe the flywheel is moving. Other than that I'm not sure what else to try. From what I can tell, the cam timing can really only be set in one location due to the bolt spacing, there's no way to have the cam 180 degrees off. The sprocket aligns w/ the marking on the head and flywheel "T" aligns w/ the case. Anyone have any ideas to what I might be missing here?