//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Shed find 86 350x

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --

Shed find 86 350x

A few weeks ago my neighbor texted me and asked "what does a 1986 350 threewheeeler go for these days" she sent a picture right after (first picture) I told her "as much as it takes to get it to belong in my barn" her "we can work something out" a few hours later I texted and asked if she'd trade my 338winmag (brand new unfired retails at around $700-800) . She declined and said it was too big for her. I then offered a gently used Canik 9mm with all the goodies in the carry case from the manufacturer and 100rnds of 9mm (9mm is about worth its weight in gold right now, canik is around $400-500 I think?) she said she'd think about it and that evening she texted me and asked if I could get the threewheeler tomorrow. Yes I replied. Got it home. Say on my trailer for a few weeks while I finished some other things. Brought it in the shop did a semi job at cleaning the carb (Unclogged jets and sprayed air in the carb passages). Sure enough, about the 4th kick it came to life. It needs a few things but non the less I have a 350x!

Took it for a spin.... came back and wasn't impressed with it lol. Compression is at 170 psi warm. Doesn't smoke. I think the clutch is slipping. Thought these 350x's were a biotch to start? This one starts relatively easy, kicked on the compression stroke. The decompression cable is missing.

Neighbor ended up trading the canik for a Sig. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4059.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	267305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210404_183314.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	267306

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

--
    It probably needs a complete rebuild and isn't worth much. How much do you need for it?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by red_russian1 View Post
    It probably needs a complete rebuild and isn't worth much. How much do you need for it?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Ha, promised my neighbor I'd sell it back to them if I was going to sell it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

TexFest is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TPC 450R

--
    Before replacing the clutch check the cable. If the cable has corrosion inside or starting to come apart inside the sheath it won't allow the clutch to fully lock up, I've seen this more than once. The 350x is only hard to start if you don't know how to do it. They actually start far easier than a 250R. You don't need the decomp, but if you put a clutch in it be careful when putting the side cover back on . Make sure the decomp actuator is in the right position or it will snap off when you tighten the side cover bolts.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //