//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200sx in a first gen 200x

--

200sx in a first gen 200x

i'm just wandering if anyone has put a 200sx engine in the older 200x ...they say the newer 200x's were more roomy then the older ones ...anyone got any tips? i don't mind grinding and welding but i want it to look and ride like a 200x when i'm done

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have never heard of a 200sx.

--
    Lots of threads here were the 200sx motors were installed in the 86/87 chassis and it’s a fairly simple conversion .
    Trying to put it into a 83-85 chassis might be doable with the right skill set .
    Last edited by shortline10; 04-15-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by wild200x View Post
    I have never heard of a 200sx.
    It is a small 80s ATV that has an engine based on the 86-87 200X

--
    its a fluke little wheeler they only made it for a few years ...i think it was built because of the 3 wheeler ban ..
    Last edited by spark23ca; 04-15-2021 at 08:36 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    Lots of threads here were the 200sx motors were installed in the 86/87 chassis and it’s a fairly simple conversion .
    Trying to put it into a 83-85 chassis might be doable with the right skill set .
    well i've done plenty of building ..put chevy engines in fords so i could get a ride out of a ford ..used to do a bit of body work ..i don't know if i've got a pile of skills but i have to use what parts i got so i'll just have to figure it out ..i'm mostly concerned that the engine might be too tall ..the newer x's and the 200sx seem to little taller then the older x's and big reds i could be wrong tho...i bought the engine in a box and don't have it together yet as i'm waiting for gaskets ..i've hoarded parts for years to build this ...where i'm from you get want adds for 200x's none for sale ..i had the frame shipped bought on kijiji ..paid more for shipping then the actual bike ..thanks for the reply sir

--
    I think it's this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda_TRX-200SX-FOURTRAX.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	267431

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    very interesting. I have learned something here I had never seen or heard of this motor. Or this quad. But I never had much interest in quads. Now I am wanting to follow if this build goes.

--
    Still waiting for parts i will post pics when i get the engine rebuilt and started in the chassis ..i've also got to 200sx bare frame and just bought a 200x with a 200big red motor in it so i will be able to to figure out where the front cog should be when i bolt up the first set of motor support bolts ...the rest can i think can be modified

--
    well if anyone is wondering ..yes it does fit ..it doesn't run yet ...i had to build every bracket from scratch shim the front and back cogs the carb flange is a night mare ..i used a nibbie on the carb side ...and i had to use a piece of 3/16 flat steal shaped so it would fit the on the head and weld a piece of galvanized pipe at an angle ....once you start you have to be dedicated as i've cut the old support holes off by the swing arm and cog ..but all i had is a few buckets of parts ..i'll take a pic soon ..i'd like to have it running first tho so i don't jinx the outcome ..its still on a make shift frame table ..there isn't much square to measure from but i did find some cross sections could start from under the motor ...not much square on the motor either so i used the crank on the clutch side cause that sticks out the furthest ..when i get it running i'll post measurement's and pictures of measurements so the next guy who does this will know where to start

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //