//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda big red tires run small

--

Honda big red tires run small

I just wanted to let anyone who is in need of a 25x12-9 or 25x13-9 tire, none rune true to the 25 inch height or 12 or 13 inch width. Many use those cheap eBay tires such as deestone and they are very small. 24 inches tall and only 10.5 inches wide. I have specifications for all the tires available and found this CST lumberjack copy in a 25x13-9 is the closest to a full sized tire. When it arrived and I put air in it, it too is only 24 inches tall and 11.5 inches wide. I just mounted a set of mud lite tires and they were 24.5 inches tall and 11.5 inches wide so they are the closest thing to a full sized tire.

I just wanted tl let everybody know when they are in the market for new tires. I work at a tire store and have access to almost every tire that is available.

This is that lumberjack copy tire I have
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0503.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	267387

--
    Yep I have found this, put a set of duro knob on mine and it now needs two extra gears. Haha. I’m a bit annoyed as they are such a nice looking tyre and a very nice ride. They are small at 2PSI but a bit better at 10PSI but also a harsh ride at 10PSI.
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    That runs the same in all tires Atv and car truck everybody measure there’s at different pressures and points.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Trail Pros were actually one of the larger tires, relative to their stated size. That was too much of a bad thing though.

I had some AMS tires that were larger than most, but that specific tire was discontinued years ago.

It seems like 15 years or farther back, that tires were more true to size, and at some point, almost overnight, they all got smaller and the price took a big jump. I distinctively remember the very quick price hike about that time, and that was also when we started seeing the banded tires, strapped so tight, the deformation made many of them difficult to install and seat the beads on.

They used to come in a large box, or just wrapped in plastic, when shipped to residential addresses.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I've dealt with this six times now in the last year, putting new tires on our 82 200E and putting new tires on our 84 200ES. Fighting those newer tires on because of how deformed they arrive when shipped is a real big pain, i tried everything possible with the three on the 200E and just ended up using a half dozen ratchet straps to go around the tire and wheel since putting one around the middle didn't work. When i got to doing the 200ES i took some advice i got on here to put tubes in the tires and stretch them for a while, since the weather was not very nice i put tubes in the new tires and stretched em out with tubes and let them sit a couple weeks, they went on with practically little to no effort compared to the first battle with the 200E. The 200E has Deestone 929's on front and back, decent knobby tires, no real complaints about them. On my 84 i went with Deestone 930's on the back, the V pattern replicas they sell, and a D929 on the front. Great tires honestly, at 5psi even they have quite a bit of cushion to them, feels like having suspension on the 84 now after having some Carlisles on there since i got it over a decade ago, its like a whole new machine how it feels. The Carlisle TurfBuster tires are so heavy and stiff its really a big change going to the Deestone tires, not only that but it sure made the performance feel very different, acceleration and takeoff are so much different, add to that i put in a new clutch this past weekend and now the 84 really flies.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //