//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC homemade ski

--

ATC homemade ski

So I just test fitted this homemade ski I got with my Big Red. Seems to fit alright but I'm not so sure about the strength and structure of it, just wondering what other people think, like whether it's going to be safe or not and any idea for making it safe. I'd love to run this bike in the snow but I'm not sure this ski is what I need

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0422212044.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	267432

--
    Seems like the ski itself could slide side to side. I would add spacers on the axle bolt to center the ski and 'lock' it in place

--
    cool idea, but I think if using 1 ski, it should be wider, or make 2 skis fitted to the outside of the forks. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    One other thing you need to consider is to keep the ski from rotating.
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 200E yard rat
    1984 ATC 200X
    1984 ATC 200S (X2)
    1985 ATC 70 (X2)
    1985 ATC 200S
    1985 ATC 250R
    1986 TRX 70
    1986 ATC 350X
    2004 kfx 700 XC
    2006 prarie 700 XC
    2009 Brute Force 750
    2020 CF Moto 600

--
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKI-SNOW-IC....m46890.l49286

Huh, looks like this guy is selling an almost identical ski, maybe it would be alright? Looks like he's sold quite a few.

I would definitely need to make spacers to keep it from moving side to side, rotating around the axle probably wouldn't be a concern though. The main thing that worries me is if it catches and edge and just twists up the axle and forks

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim mac View Post
    cool idea, but I think if using 1 ski, it should be wider, or make 2 skis fitted to the outside of the forks. jim
    Or you could even mount two skis side by side in the middle instead of just the one like you have. I agree that most people who do this say that a wider ski works better that one narrow one.

--
    That axle is going to bend if you use it like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by berlow94 View Post
    That axle is going to bend if you use it like that.
    Same with this one:

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKI-SNOW-IC....m46890.l49286

Huh, looks like this guy is selling an almost identical ski, maybe it would be alright? Looks like he's sold quite a few.

I would definitely need to make spacers to keep it from moving side to side, rotating around the axle probably wouldn't be a concern though. The main thing that worries me is if it catches and edge and just twists up the axle and forks
    My search function isn't working for some reason, but if you search my user name and ski you should be able to come up with my build thread for mine.

This is what mine looks like. Your axle won't bend, it won't spin around the axle by accident, and it weighs something like 15lbs less than the front tire.

Attachment 267448
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    My search function isn't working for some reason, but if you search my user name and ski you should be able to come up with my build thread for mine.
    Attachment 267448
    Huh, my search function isn't working either and I can't seem to see that picture either

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //