//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1983 Yamaha Tri Moto 175

--

1983 Yamaha Tri Moto 175

Hello, my name is Rick. I'm new to this site and thank you for letting me join. I bought a 1983 Yamaha Tri Moto 175 that needs a lot of TLC. Does anyone know where the serial number for this is located? Is it hard to get clutch parts, handgrips, and gascaps? Thank you for your help.

--
    Hand grips can be bought for just a few dollars from places like Ebay and Amazon. These won't be OEM, but they'll work just fine. It may depend on what clutch parts you're looking for, but I'd think that parts like new plates and springs should be fairly readily available. I don't know about the gas cap. You may be stuck with trying to match something up or looking for used. By the way, welcome Rick.

--
    Welcome, Rick!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rjw View Post
    Have 84 175 Tri Moto that has the clutch apart. Seen a Tri Moto 125 on craigslist do clutch parts work on 175? The 125 is missing a lot of parts but engine looks complete except for recoil starter. Would 125 motor fit on a 175 frame if its easier to do that? Thank you

Some of the clutch innards are the same part number between a 125 and 175. If it were me I would grab the other trike if you can afford the price.
    Use a parts list like partzilla and you can see which models share the same parts. Check out the clutch boss part #19 it is same for some year 125 and 175. Clutch plates are the same between models as well
    https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...76043b530531e3

--
    Thanks for the information

--
    New OEM gas cap still available $17 bucks....
    https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...253ccbbfd01c91

--
    hello rick! im a new site user too, the serial number should be on the right side where the forks meet the frame

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //