//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Replacing the exhaust on a 185s

--

Replacing the exhaust on a 185s

The muffler on my 185s is rusted on the tail end and the spark arrestor fell out. So I bought a used OE muffler that is in better shape that came with a new head pipe. My question is can the old exhaust be removed in one piece without separating the muffler from the headpipe? I could easily cut the two apart, but I was thinking I might want to save them. I am not sure how much work it would be to separate them at the joint. Thoughts?

--
    There is a slip joint in the exhaust where you can take the two pieces apart. After all these years, they can be stuck pretty good. I've sprayed it down with PB Blaster and have even had to use heat in order to get the slip joint to slip. Sometimes the bolt in the clamp that holds the two pieces together can be stuck or it will even break.

--
    Yes, it can be removed in 1 piece, I've done it years ago but I think you might have to undo all the bolts and pull the motor to get the header to clear. Can't remember. I would just undo the clamp and hope for the best. If the muffler is falling apart you don't really have anything to lose.
    ~ 3 WHeeLeRs 4 LIFe! ~

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //