//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1982 Honda Big Red - carb question related to weight on float

--

1982 Honda Big Red - carb question related to weight on float

I am doing a lot of work reconditioning my Big Red. My dad bought it in 1983 from a guy he worked with. I rode that thing nearly daily from 8-17. It has sat for near on 20 years, and has gathered some rust. I need an ATV for my homestead aand want it to be reliable. I've done a lot of work on this.

My big question is related to the carburetor. I feel like a total dumba** as I am missing something. How do you get the float weight to not fall off the float? I've considered that maybe when there is gas in the bowl that the float would be at an angle to not drop the float. But I know as a kid that I ran it out of fuel a few times, and not once did the float fall to the bottom of the bowl. I have very carefully put the carb back together and put the carb back on the machine the float ends up falling out.

I am sure there is something super simple that I am missing. You don't know what you don't know. I read through the service manual and didnt see anything helpful.

--
    Install what you call the float weight 180 degrees from how you are doing it now. It goes inside a hole that blocks the fuel inlet passage. The float needle doesn't hang off the float like a weight

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    Install what you call the float weight 180 degrees from how you are doing it now. It goes inside a hole that blocks the fuel inlet passage. The float needle doesn't hang off the float like a weight
    Thanks for your help! This certifies that I am indeed a fumbass. I'll try that!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //