//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Old Race Carbs, help ID?

--

Old Race Carbs, help ID?

My neighbor passed away and I got some of his old stuff from his wife. I know he used to run an XR600R race bike, but I've found some XL500 parts and such in the mix. The OEM carbs are pretty easy to ID with some searching, but the aftermarket/race carbs I'm having less luck with.

First one is a Lectron flat slide carb. Slide has 36 stamped on it, while the body says 38. Most of the ones I see on ebay are either both 36 or both 38's. It has the older style gold sticker which seem to be uncommon on ebay.

The other is a Mikuni with stamp marking X66. I'm guessing it's the 38mm, I found one small reference to it.

I have a second Mikuni with stamp marking Z71, looks identical to the one above.

OEM carb PB01A I can't find a reference for. 85 TRX125 came with a PB01B so maybe the A is just an earlier part number of the same carb, they look identical.

Any help would be great. They are ultimately for sale too, I suspect they would be a good option for an atc250r.

--
    the lectron is a real gem there! have not seen one for at least 3 years now at the casa grande swap meet! all the rage when gator rogowski and hosoi had no idea what lay ahead for them! But may we address the real reason for my 1st remarks on the site, the MIKUNI 38 you have theres the thing,the thing my project needs. I was doing some sidework for an old spacer from the guild out near where the hills have eyes and was given a few rustic 2 wheeled honda land based vehicles from the last century. an XL500s was among the forsaken conveyances. Current mixer is grumpy old PD pumper carb of keihin mfg. I am converting the old XL into an ATC500x,and i know SUDCO has the brass to pass that gas and move this old ass! Like back when i was FREE. already procured a few different TRIPLE TREES (350x and 250r-84' vintage)freshie front hub axle spacers disc and nice front rim as well as swap out bearings from All Balls racing for the triple clamps fork lowers from both as well and some other bits of kit .But I digress, the MIKUNI 38,quantums es amigo? how many $$$ dollareenies as they say on this planet? that is respectfully, IF you are willing to part with said MIKUNI,As an aside the plastic float bowl on the Lectron carburetor,38mm i think,comes standard with those hideous wood/plastic screws to hold it on. thank you for your time

--
    The Lectron is a unique one, I've never seen one come up before, but I never knew to look either. The Mikuni's seem to be a lot more common atleast in the 3 wheeler community. I can get measurements on the carbs too, I have a digital caliper, just have to dig up where it put it last.

As for prices and such, I'll shoot ya a pm and I'm sure we can work out a deal.

I also got some other misc parts with the carbs, like side covers, appears like it was a 1980 XL500S. Also have several rims. Tons and tons of handle bars that are real short (common for motorcycles I guess?). Also have a bunch of backing plates for drum brakes but no clue how to ID them, I don't think there's any numbers stamped in the castings like the carbs and plastics do. In the carb pile was some XR250R parts too, got like 3 carbs all different carb numbers, but similar design. Probably have 50 cables too, throttle, brake, etc. Sadly don't know what fits what though.

--
    Lectron currently sells a carb kit for the XR650L (should also fit XR600R with a little work), and XR650R.

https://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/xr-650-kit.html

I'm currently running an Edelbrock Quicksilver on my XR650L and it's a similar jetless design, except it has an accelerator pump and external, no-tool needle adjustment. Idles and runs better than the XR600R and stock XR650L carb I've used, and it's not just because of the accelerator pump (but that does make cold starts much quicker).

If/when my Edelbrock wears out or something breaks (no new parts available), I'll be going with the Lectron.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //