//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Trouble steering? (Yamaha 200E)

--

Trouble steering? (Yamaha 200E)

Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but about 2 weeks ago I picked up my first 2 wheeler! My father-in-law gifted me an old Yamaha Tri-Moto 200E Shaft, and the thing had been sitting 20 years. I knew absolutely nothing about this, hadn't even cleaned a carb before in my life, but I got the thing running already! I already tossed on a new carb because they are dirt cheap, got it (Mostly) dialed in and idling okay, and decided to take it for it's first spin. Biggest thing I noticed was rear break handle is useless, and this thing doesn't steer well at all... I'd turn my handlebar and go straight? Is this all down to leaning forward or is there something that I could attribute this to?

Thanks!
    Dragontype191

--
    Dragontype191,

Sounds like we are have the same bike and experience level! Question for you. I just started working on a 200E and I took the spark plug boot off and I can't get it back on... Did you run into this and if so how did you get it back on? Thanks

bbert77

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontype191 View Post
    Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but about 2 weeks ago I picked up my first 2 wheeler! My father-in-law gifted me an old Yamaha Tri-Moto 200E Shaft, and the thing had been sitting 20 years. I knew absolutely nothing about this, hadn't even cleaned a carb before in my life, but I got the thing running already! I already tossed on a new carb because they are dirt cheap, got it (Mostly) dialed in and idling okay, and decided to take it for it's first spin. Biggest thing I noticed was rear break handle is useless, and this thing doesn't steer well at all... I'd turn my handlebar and go straight? Is this all down to leaning forward or is there something that I could attribute this to?

Thanks!
    Dragontype191
    I think you may be experiencing one of the delta trike design flaws. The fact ATC has a short wheelbase and monster grab on the back tires it is only natural for it to lift the front end just enough to make it hard to get contact on that front tire to turn at slow speed.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //