//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 250r Voltage Regulator Rubber Mount

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

85 250r Voltage Regulator Rubber Mount

When my buddy and I put my R together it was missing the rubber mount so we improvised by bending the frame tab so it pointed down, drilled a hole matching the hole in the regulator, and bolted it on. Well, checking it over yesterday I discovered that I lost the bolt/nut sometime last summer. So I decided to look into getting one of the rubber mounts before just replacing the bolt/nut.

There are a couple on Ebay for around $30, which isn't terrible, but I wanted to check here to see if anyone re-pops them or has one kicking around?

The Honda part number is 30406-HA2-000

Thanks all.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    I'm pretty sure I have an old one stashed away. I replaced the original about 7-8 years ago, when I was placing a large order with Service Honda. It had a slight tear in it, so I bought a new one. The old one is still useable, just slightly compromised. Let me see if I can find it.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    I found it. As you can see, it has two 1/4" tears on one side, and two 1/8" tears on the other side of where it slides onto the mounting tab. It was that way for many years on my bike, and never seemed to get any worse. If you can't find a better one, PM me your address, and I will mail it to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reg. Rubber.jpg  
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Jason ,I'm thinking about buying a new cdi cushion the regulator fits in it perfectly. Cdi cushion on bottom, regulator cushion on top.Im going to order #1 in second pic.Its for the 86 atc 250r.Pic is from partzilla.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210508_173103.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	267525 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MjAxODM0MQ-380ef6bd.png 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	267526
    Last edited by atc300r; 05-08-2021 at 09:09 PM.
    250r rules

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    I found it. As you can see, it has two 1/4" tears on one side, and two 1/8" tears on the other side of where it slides onto the mounting tab. It was that way for many years on my bike, and never seemed to get any worse. If you can't find a better one, PM me your address, and I will mail it to you.
    Okay, will do. Thank you.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    Jason ,I'm thinking about buying a new cdi cushion the regulator fits in it perfectly. Cdi cushion on bottom, regulator cushion on top.Im going to order #1 in second pic.Its for the 86 atc 250r.Pic is from partzilla.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210508_173103.jpg 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	267525 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MjAxODM0MQ-380ef6bd.png 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	267526
    Okay, thanks for the info. Are you getting a new one because yours is damaged?
    Jason

--
    The one I have is hard as a rock and is starting to crack .I boiled it in hot water to soften it didn't work.It will split if I try to put it on the tab.Im going to call Lowville Honda tomorrow and order maybe 3 of them.The one on my other 85 250r is cracking also.
    Last edited by atc300r; 05-09-2021 at 04:36 PM.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    The one I have is hard as a rock and is starting to crack .I boiled it in hot water to soften it didn't work.It will split if I try to put it on the tab.Im going to call Lowville Honda tomorrow and order maybe 3 of them.The one on my other 85 250r is cracking also.
    Gotcha. When you get them and get them on, snap and post some pics. That might be the route I go, looks like they can be had for a lot less than the actual replacement.
    Jason

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //