//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TF 2021 events ?

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    We need to get together. I was talking to Shane about this the other day.

If our leadership has lost its taste for the Fest, Haspin is bent on acting stupid, attendees with zero respect for the process or the hierarchy, Fakebook is helping destroy the event, and quit a few of us don't like the direction things are going at Haspin then we should have our own thing I guess. I've always wanted to ride with Mik at Mikfest too. Might be time for me to try some smaller rides anyway. The only days I really enjoyed TF, were the days leading up to the official TF....Sunday through Thursday... After Thursday afternoon it starts getting crowded with more than just trike people and the overall crowd attitude gets more irritating.

It's been a great run and I'm crazy appreciative of all the work that Billy and Howdy and many MANY others put into this every year, but if they aren't feeling it anymore, alot of people are complaining, and nobody else is stepping up(including myself), then why bother?

Best festival I've ever attended. Sad that nobody has the appetite for it anymore, but I completely understand.

The concrete house thing is a dick move for sure. So you know it's trike people who reserved it?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    I call it being burned out myself. I still Love TrikeFest but it takes a lot of time and effort. Time is something I have been in short supply of for a while now. I take my daughter there and some times I get overwhelmed with stuff and can't spend time with her. Heck we haven't had time to ride lately either. When I can't spend some time riding and other activities with Carlie and other family there I get depressed and burned out. Last year we got to ride quite a bit, we got to go fishing, we did some walking, and other stuff. I felt like a good dad at TF for the first time in years. There hasn't been a 2 week span since last year that she hasn't mentioned Trikefest. I haven't been able to teacher to ride by herself yet ( obligations here are unreal right now ). But hopefully that changes soon. She prefers to ride with me because I keep her safe ( her words ).

Yes I have shirts ordered, yes I hope to hell they are in before TF. Yes I will be selling the TF/ 3WW gear as I have in the past. What is going to change is that I will be a Good engaged Dad to my Boy(s) ( if they are there ) and Daughter first. Carlie is has told me she wants to help with shirts so that we can ride more ( that hit me hard in good and bad ways ). I will probably have to set up a Daily Timeframe to be at camp for gear. It worked last year pretty good and some times Carlie would go play at other families campsite and I could see her from mine ( that's probably not available this year do to the reservation ordeal ).
    With me changing how I am doing some things has helped with the burned out part. I am trying think up ways to help others as well.

Note: I stand beside Billy 100%.

TF events takes a lot of effort and manpower. It seems more people gripe about something they didn't like / agree with than they did about anything positive that happened ( normal in life now a days ). To put the effort it takes to plan and put on an event then to only get ridiculed. I know when people ridiculed me on some things I simply tell them if you have all the answers and can do a better job then you step up and take charge. No one has taken me up on it yet.

Howdy

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

The concrete house thing is a dick move for sure. So you know it's trike people who reserved it?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Yep. Pictures of them at TF on their fb page, pictures of 3wheelers, known to have attended last year. Yep..yep yep...

--
    Haspin is like wellsville with a Entry fee and club house.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I'd be willing to help with the MX/circle track races if someone wants to make sure they will prep the track the day before or early the morning the day of the races. I don't have have any experience with it but trial by fire is something I'm used to. I just have to know how many and what classes need to run if awards need to be ordered I'd also like someone that has done it before to help point me in the right directions when I have questions. I plan on being there on Thursday the 24th in the afternoon.
    1979 ATC110
    1983 ATC110
    1984 ATC110
    1984 ATC125M
    1985 ATC110 2 of them
    1985 ATC110 The wife's
    1987 ATC125M
    1985 ATC250ES
    1984 DX225 with 250 timberwolf engine and swingarm. Wolf in DX clothing

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I have always really appreciated all the time and work everybody put into making TF happen, hats off to everyone! I'm sure it would be easy to get burnt out by all of it! I'll be honest, I didn't like whoever the people were that took over the awards in 2019. I didn't and still don't have a clue who they were but the original guys that have always done it, didn't need their help! When I heard that Billy's camp spot was "reserved", that was the day I decided to not go. More than likely, I will never go again with all of this happening.

matt3x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    The crew from Buffalo will be back after missing last year. I believe we were deep frying chicken wings next to peepers at our camp in 2019. Can't wait to be back.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by matt3x View Post
    The crew from Buffalo will be back after missing last year. I believe we were deep frying chicken wings next to peepers at our camp in 2019. Can't wait to be back.
    NICE!!!!!!! I am shooting for the exact same spot this year.

--
    Matt3x, as a fellow Buffalonain I find it hard to believe that we haven't met yet at TF. I'll chalk it up to my poor memory after too many late nights and early mornings. I'm going to make a point to stop over and chat this year
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Did somebody say chicken wings?????????
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

mollie8000 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Hey howdy me and the ms mollie 8000 r willing to help with what ever were dying to see Carly and others just let us no seems no one else is willing to step up we missed last year due to u no the pandemic or whatever can help wherever b there Monday
    Trikefest survivor 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

matt3x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    NICE!!!!!!! I am shooting for the exact same spot this year.
    If there is room next to you, we’ll try to do the same. We won’t be rolling in until early Friday morning unfortunately.

86T3 - always cool to meet other locals, we will have a white Silverado and black f150. Keep an eye out for us!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Matt3x, as a fellow Buffalonain I find it hard to believe that we haven't met yet at TF. I'll chalk it up to my poor memory after too many late nights and early mornings. I'm going to make a point to stop over and chat this year
    Probably because you leave Haspin right about the time TrikeFest begins.

--
    I've only been the past 3 years and this year my crew bailed. Hoping to be there Thursday through Saturday night and I'd be glad to help out with the event in any way I can.
    This year should be great by all accounts, 20yrs, post covid, etc.
    Someone let me know.

--
    Just received email from Haspin : NO Reservations necessary ALL Welcome to attend TrikeFest 2021 gates open!

mollie8000 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Just got home from the fest highly dissatisfied lots of great people but some rude grouchy people not with 3ww group got treated like 3rd graders from haspin ed on from others very dusty without watering roads 13th and possibly last trip to haspin from now on it’s trikefest in my backyard
    Trikefest survivor 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //