//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TF 2021 events ?

--

TF 2021 events ?

I know weather plays a big roll in events happening or not but has there been any planning or contact about motocross track or drag track. Or any pre sign up for events like in the pre bookface days? It’s going to be here before we know it.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Man this place is going down hill fast.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I was wondering the same.......

Oh well, since nobody wants to talk about that........

Who is coming and camping in your crew?

and where are you planning to camp?

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    No it's not going down hill fast, it's been on the decline for several years. Look at all of the TF picture threads, every year they get shorter and fewer posts across the board. Check Facebook Fest, maybe you will find something there. That's where all the cool kids are.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    I know quite a few are getting burned out with the work involved to putting things together. Not to mention some people coming in and reserving peoples camp sites that they have had since they were coming. I may or may not be in the same location myself.

Also, Indiana still has some restrictions ( or did ). Nobody knew what restrictions will or won't be in place around TF when it was time to really start planning. Hard to justify spending a ton of time and money only to be told you can't do it. ( last year is a good example ).

People don't respect all the work that goes into putting things together. Not pointing ANY fingers here: But I heard a lot of complaining last year when we couldn't have scheduled events. I have heard quite a few complaints on the Fakebook as well.

I don't know what activities will happen, if some people wish to step up and take charge of the racing and such then lets do it. I think I have enough time to get awards ordered. I don't know how soon the cut off time is. I didn't order the awards I only order the gear, and pay the bills for the awards.

Howdy

--
    Reserving camp sites ? When did this start. Or when did they have actual campsite. That place has been like wellsville with a club house ever sense we’ve been going. So there is no events planned this year ? SO who is running the show this year ?

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Reserving camp sites ? When did this start. Or when did they have actual campsite. That place has been like wellsville with a club house ever sense we’ve been going. So there is no events planned this year ? SO who is running the show this year ?
    Apparently they started last year reserving in it spots. Don't know that I agree with it, but I think they should have notified the people that religiously camped at spots to have first dibs. But some people still snuck in and took other people's spots. It's a real "Richard" move on some people's part.
    I know it's my spots taken by a trikefest attendee it may be a short year for me.

--
    If that is what is happening that is a bad move on haspin part. We always thought it was a first come first move camping.

--
    If that is what is happening that is a bad move on haspin part. We always thought it was a first come first move camping.
    It still is, but with a few very major exceptions (those being the two pavillions and the house).

I think the TrikeLife and Club14 guys reserved / paid in advance for the pavillion at the big MX track.

I don't know who reserved the pond pavillion or the house, but by the tone of Howdy's email I gather it was not Billy, Xowner, and the Shivelys.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I guess I'll go ahead and make a post publicly about what I've been telling people privately for the last 3 months now.

In february or so I learned that haspin was still doing the whole "email us for reservations because of capacity" thing, and that they were "reserving campsites" now also, which are two separate things, by the way.

So I emailed Haspin with my days I planned to be there and said I understand you guys are reserving camp sites now, and I want the old house where we have always camped at for the past 15 plus years.

I was told it had already been reserved by someone, LAST YEAR. I called and talked to Haspin for over a half hour and they were apologetic to a degree and offered to reserve it for us next year, there was nothing they could do about it for this year and "hopefully we can work something out with them". Basically it was my fault for not having reserved it. I explained that this is where we had basically coordinated a lot of the signups, scheduling, worked out track prepping details, where everyone came to whenever they had a question or issue basically, it was sort of the command post.

So, I started asking around about these folks that reserved the house area, reached out to them through some mutual acquaintances and people, messed 2 different facebook accounts, got a phone # and actually called and left them a message, never have gotten a reply back.

I think it was a boneheaded move for Haspin to offer reservations in general, muchless reserve the "hub" out without telling us (no one said ANYTHING to me when we were signing in last year, or throughout the week, and sure never called and told me hey heads up this is what we're doing now).

I think it was a boneheaded move for a "3wheeler person" to think it was cute and reserve the hub out from underneath of us and then not even want to talk about sharing space at least or anything. I know many of you DO appreciate and enjoy what we put on and do, but that just *really* has rubbed me the wrong way. Why should I deal with that? What's the fun in busting my balls for someone like that?

I'm half tempted to still go this year and hide out in the woods and just tell everyone I encounter the whole week to come by and see me at "my" campsite for a beer and some food or any questions about events, or I have a half dozen NOS short track kits I'm selling for $500/each and that if I'm not there the folks at my campsite are jokesters and will tell you I'm not camped there, just to be an extra dick head and let them see what all kind of traffic of people come in and out of there throughout the week and especially the last 3 days to really get a taste of somethin. Or send everyone up to the front office with every question or concern about everything for the whole week...

But anyways. Yeah, I'm pretty upset / pissed off about that whole situation and I have no intentions of going this year. I've been running on burn out the last few years anyways as I am sure Howdy is also. Last year was really nice to just show up and have a good time. It was a nice departure from teh craziness that is Friday and Saturday usually. It sucks that this had to happen and fall on the 20th year but it is what it is.

--
    So what you are saying is all of the late night shenanigans and basement racing at 3am IS encouraged??? Or are you saying we should use the basement for Barge Ropes only? Traffic and a meeting point at the house would surely make it hard to sleep there? Will X-Owner be supplying the M80s for the basement or should I bring some?

This is all news to me and sounds like horse crap - the nerve of people these days has got me like - I am not even surprised anymore.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    We need to get together. I was talking to Shane about this the other day.

If our leadership has lost its taste for the Fest, Haspin is bent on acting stupid, attendees with zero respect for the process or the hierarchy, Fakebook is helping destroy the event, and quit a few of us don't like the direction things are going at Haspin then we should have our own thing I guess. I've always wanted to ride with Mik at Mikfest too. Might be time for me to try some smaller rides anyway. The only days I really enjoyed TF, were the days leading up to the official TF....Sunday through Thursday... After Thursday afternoon it starts getting crowded with more than just trike people and the overall crowd attitude gets more irritating.

It's been a great run and I'm crazy appreciative of all the work that Billy and Howdy and many MANY others put into this every year, but if they aren't feeling it anymore, alot of people are complaining, and nobody else is stepping up(including myself), then why bother?

Best festival I've ever attended. Sad that nobody has the appetite for it anymore, but I completely understand.

The concrete house thing is a dick move for sure. So you know it's trike people who reserved it?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    It still is, but with a few very major exceptions (those being the two pavillions and the house).

I think the TrikeLife and Club14 guys reserved / paid in advance for the pavillion at the big MX track.

I don't know who reserved the pond pavillion or the house, but by the tone of Howdy's email I gather it was not Billy, Xowner, and the Shivelys.
    From what I was told they didn't even know about the reserving ability until after it was done. Everyone knew Kevin, Cory, Billy, Johnathan, Anthony, Dale ( when he comes ), and a few others camped it the same spot every year. Billy also put together a big part of the events. Everyone knew where Billy camped and where to go to get questions answered on the events. Like I have said before and I will stand by it, It was a complete "Richard" move.
    I can understand completely with Billy ( and others ) wanting to step aside from doing the events for just this reason alone ( but I do know he as well as many others have been getting burned out, including myself ). He may or may not reply to this thread, that's totally up to him.

If someone wants to step up and put the MX / Drags together, then step up and post up.

I myself liked the grunge matches at the drags that we did for the first few years. I liked the organized as well, but the gunge matches was for pure fun. Nothing like seeing a Zinger and a 200x competing, Or a 4 wheeler and Hagen in the 1/2 car ( Mik6 remembers ).
    A couple years ago a few of us on the TF Committee had discussed ways to retain the main helpers. At the time it wasn't really feasible, but maybe we need to revisit the idea and figure out how we can make it happen. Each event takes a lot of work preparing for them, and it takes a lot of helpers to run them.

It's too late for this year, but if you think this is a good idea, then next year I will see to it that at least the main person (s) running the scheduled events have a shirt customized for them. I will see about get name, and event(s) that they are in charge of on the shirts. This customization will take extra time, so we would have to have the Main personnel / helpers figured out by the first of March or so to get a shirt. These will be dated with the year. Who knows what else we maybe able to come up with? Got other ideas? Speak up!!

Here is an off the cuff idea give me input: If we can get some people to step up and take charge of our normal scheduled events ( Drags, MX, ect ) then I will personally pay for 10-15 TF21 shirts myself. These will go for the helpers of these events. There could be more helpers than shirts, so might have to do a helper only raffle unless others step up. If we do it as a raffle then you get an entry for each event you help with. Will have to figure this out better before TF and give full details at Haspin. It ain't much but it's a start. This is currently only and Idea I am throwing out here. Give me input!!

Thanks
    Howdy

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
    From what I was told they didn't even know about the reserving ability until after it was done. Everyone knew Kevin, Cory, Billy, Johnathan, Anthony, Dale ( when he comes ), and a few others camped it the same spot every year. Billy also put together a big part of the events. Everyone knew where Billy camped and where to go to get questions answered on the events. Like I have said before and I will stand by it, It was a complete "Richard" move.
    I can understand completely with Billy ( and others ) wanting to step aside from doing the events for just this reason alone ( but I do know he as well as many others have been getting burned out, including myself ). He may or may not reply to this thread, that's totally up to him.

If someone wants to step up and put the MX / Drags together, then step up and post up.

I myself liked the grunge matches at the drags that we did for the first few years. I liked the organized as well, but the gunge matches was for pure fun. Nothing like seeing a Zinger and a 200x competing, Or a 4 wheeler and Hagen in the 1/2 car ( Mik6 remembers ).
    A couple years ago a few of us on the TF Committee had discussed ways to retain the main helpers. At the time it wasn't really feasible, but maybe we need to revisit the idea and figure out how we can make it happen. Each event takes a lot of work preparing for them, and it takes a lot of helpers to run them.

It's too late for this year, but if you think this is a good idea, then next year I will see to it that at least the main person (s) running the scheduled events have a shirt customized for them. I will see about get name, and event(s) that they are in charge of on the shirts. This customization will take extra time, so we would have to have the Main personnel / helpers figured out by the first of March or so to get a shirt. These will be dated with the year. Who knows what else we maybe able to come up with? Got other ideas? Speak up!!

Here is an off the cuff idea give me input: If we can get some people to step up and take charge of our normal scheduled events ( Drags, MX, ect ) then I will personally pay for 10-15 TF21 shirts myself. These will go for the helpers of these events. There could be more helpers than shirts, so might have to do a helper only raffle unless others step up. If we do it as a raffle then you get an entry for each event you help with. Will have to figure this out better before TF and give full details at Haspin. It ain't much but it's a start. This is currently only and Idea I am throwing out here. Give me input!!

Thanks
    Howdy
    With all due respect, and I mean that, please keep the forum informed as well. At this point it's late and TF is three weeks away and it's kind of short notice that we are learning about these issues just now. Alot of us aren't on Facebook and lots of people lurk here still, so a heads up would be helpful for people who are willing to help

Like last year, I didn't even know Haspin was letting anyone in until a week beforehand so I had already rescheduled my vacation and couldn't change it.

Also I'm guessing there hasn't been a raffle trike in a few years? Because nobody has announced one here in a few years, for sure. Don't forget about us. We never left.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

Also I'm guessing there hasn't been a raffle trike in a few years? Because nobody has announced one here in a few years, for sure. Don't forget about us. We never left.

At the beginning of the year it didn't look too good for a lot of events. Borders closed ( and still are for most everyone but illegals ), and with too much uncertainty I personally made the decision to hold off on raffling it this year. It may have been a bad decision on my part, but I felt it was the right one to do at the time. The lack of a Trike raffle for this year lays solely upon me. Please note: I do have a nice Polaris Scrambler lined up to raffle off.
    Howdy

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //