//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 200X camshaft

--

200X camshaft

New to the thread, cool info. I am looking for a 86 or 87 camshaft for a little more giddy up. Any help would be appreciated. New or used tried to post a pic from my iPad couldn't get it to work do pics have a url?

--
    I think it worked

--

--
    Try Web Camshaft or Megacycles. They might offer one for that model. They both offer cams for 83-85, but I'm not sure about 86-87 X

--

200x

[IMG]img 0032[/IMG][IMG]img 1159[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Try Web Camshaft or Megacycles. They might offer one for that model. They both offer cams for 83-85, but I'm not sure about 86-87 X
    Thanks I checked into both of them. Im looking for a good used 86 or 87 cam to grind.
    Last edited by 87Cat; 05-31-2021 at 04:26 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 87Cat View Post
    New to the thread, cool info. I am looking for a 86 or 87 camshaft for a little more giddy up. Any help would be appreciated. New or used tried to post a pic from my iPad couldn't get it to work do pics have a url?
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachm...8&d=1622491622

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 87Cat View Post
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachm...9&d=1622491707

--

--
    . Torn apart

--

Pic

--
    Has anyone ran a .335 or .345 lift on their cam. I see .355 is a mega cycle option.

--
    I've ran numerous different grinds from White Bros to Megacycle to Webcamshafts.

One was for trails, one was mid range, one was WOT race cam etc, they all have a purpose...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    So I am going to install this in a fatcat with wb 234-h springs. Don't want to sink the valves. Have a new head, valves and rockers all Honda. Do you have to run hardened rockers with a mega cycle cam? Do you have any powrolls laying around that you would part with? I think I'm going to shoot for .355 lift, or a little shorter if a used cam is available. I use it in the mts a lot up to 10000 ft.

--
    I can't part with much anymore, costs me more money to replace what I sell and things have been drying up for a couple years now.

Yes, if you buy a hard welded cam you are suppose to harden the rockers. You also have to run the heavy springs and collar/retainer set.

But, to be honest with you, I have always had NOS rocker arms and I run good oil and change it often. I am yet to see any wear whatsoever on the cams or rocker pads.

These camshaft companies will make you whatever lift/duration/separation of lobes etc you want. But, this time of year they are often backed up quite a bit, especially after everything being shut down last year for Covid BS.

EDIT - I was told that the Fat Cat, 200X and 200SX quad did not have the exact same camshafts, I can't offer any additional info though, just sharing what I was told.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    I can't part with much anymore, costs me more money to replace what I sell and things have been drying up for a couple years now.

Yes, if you buy a hard welded cam you are suppose to harden the rockers. You also have to run the heavy springs and collar/retainer set.

But, to be honest with you, I have always had NOS rocker arms and I run good oil and change it often. I am yet to see any wear whatsoever on the cams or rocker pads.

These camshaft companies will make you whatever lift/duration/separation of lobes etc you want. But, this time of year they are often backed up quite a bit, especially after everything being shut down last year for Covid BS.

EDIT - I was told that the Fat Cat, 200X and 200SX quad did not have the exact same camshafts, I can't offer any additional info though, just sharing what I was told.
    Yes you are correct. The lifts are different on all three models. I do have a new set of bearings for that cam and also a r/d spring kit titanium for 83-85 200x, part #228H if anyone is interested in trading parts for a new or used 86 87 200x camshaft.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //