//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Scored a kawasaki klt 250 prairie

--

Scored a kawasaki klt 250 prairie

My beautiful wife found a 92 king quad on cl for 600 bucks . He took 500. I look over n there's this kawasaki 3 wheeler. Brand new tires no body damage. I ask about it n he says take it if you want it. I'm feeling a bit guilty by now so I give him 60 bucks for it , that was basically his money anyhows. The KQ with plow runs great with a carb cleaning!
    He says that it runs good.
    I know nothing about these except what the net says. I did put those huge 25" tires on our 83 - 185 Honda 3 wheeler, looks cool !
    Anyhows anybody know anything about kawasaki 250 prairies ?
    Thanks man

--
    I know a little bit. What are you wanting to know about?

--
    Thanks. Is it worth putting time in to. I'll probably sell it . Does it have a clutch, similar to a motorcycle ? Or is it like my Honda 3 wheeler ?

--
    Yes it has a manual clutch. I can't answer whether or not it's worth putting time into. It kind of depends on you and what all it needs. It sounds like it's worth something with new tires and no body damage. It will never be worth what a Honda is. I rode one for a short time a few weeks back. It was very different feeling than my Hondas. Here is my impression of this one machine. First it felt like I was completely on top of it. It felt like the bars were pretty low. It felt narrow, but the Hondas that I had along were all wider on the back end. The 350X was made wider, my AutoX has a +4 (at a rough measurement) axle, my 250SX and 250ES both have 1.5" wheel spacers on them. Yes it's a hardtail, but the rear end felt extremely stiff. I think there was way too much air pressure in the rear tires. It was geared pretty low, but it felt like it had a lot of torque. It would have been a better ride, but the ignition switch needed to be replaced. Every once in a while the engine would start to die and I had to wiggle the key to get it to make contact in the switch. I would have changed a lot of things if it was mine, but overall, I didn't think that it was too bad.

--

You name it, I’ve replaced it or rebuilt it on my 84 250C.
    They are fantastic machines!
    Honda 200’s and 250’s can’t keep at all.
    I think quality of hardware and engine internals to that of similar year and size Honda’s are superior.

I also disagree that they aren’t worth what Honda’s are since I’ve already turned down X2 >$4k offers on mine.

IGN key terminal contacts are easy to clean. You’ll want to have a spare CDI box on hand if yours has the original in it. They were famously not reliable.
    Don’t forget to check the gear oil in your diff!

I have plenty of spare parts laying around for these if you need anything or have any questions.

Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Hey berlow, that is a beautiful machine ! Thanks for the offers of help n parts. I'm kinda busy planting right now but this little machine has been on my mind. I'll check back later when I get caught up. I'm researching now so I have a clue when I get there.
    The fellow i got it from said it ran good so I'll throw a battery in it. There's no key and po did some kinda wire job. Shouldn't be too difficult to trace out.
    From what I've researched they were made for working out on the prairies as farm equipment. Made tough. But things like racks that pivot, differential lock in rear make it very cool.
    Just a nice looking bike

--
    Yup, definitely a utility vehicle.
    With that being said, I go riding with buddies on Can-Am and Polaris 600’s and KFX 400 racing ATV’s and keep up with no problems.

The size-to-weight ratio and nimbleness definitely works to your advantage.

Having a moto background myself, I love the standard motorcycle trans and clutch. I hate the ATV semi-auto’s.

Post up a pic of yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I still have a NOS in the original box aftermarket exhaust for a klt250 .
    I think the brand was super flow .
    Have had it for a LONG time lol .
    One of these days I’ll find someone that needs one !
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    For what you paid I suggest keeping it around. Not common and if it just needs a battery and carb clean, put some wear on them new s put it through its paces

X2 on posting pics of your newest trike

--
    I hauled the new tires on wheels out to our cabin n put them on our Honda 185. If this klt runs I'll have to haul them back home. They look really cool on the 185 though. I did take the tires off n cleaned out the rust on the wheels n repainted with rustolium.
    I'll work on some pictures

--
    hello there, i got one of those and i need the plastic cover where the ignition switch and neutral light go, any of you got one?

--
    i need that exhaust, how much you want for it?

--
    Sorry it sold a couple days after I posted here .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //