//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Flywheel electric start

--

Flywheel electric start

For y’all with a klt200 or 250, what tool have y’all been using to hold the flywheel? My electric start clutch went out and I can’t find a tool to hold the flywheel still so I can loosen the main bolt. Also where would I find the parts to fix the electric start?

I ordered one of the cheap eBay flywheel strap clamp that said it would work and it doesn’t, too small. I’m not going to put a large pipe wrench on it so I need help here

--
    Air impact gun works the best, make sure it's not LH threads...

There's just about always some type of creative way to hold things, but often people will try to hold a clutch by posts or similar and they will snap. Impacts work the easiest.

Can't get a torque reading when reassembling but after doing dozens of them you know when it's tight.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    If i need a hold on a clutch or flywheel while using the impact i grab my old dirty chain vise grip, that thing is a life saver sometimes, you can get em cheap to, harbor freight has one for under ten bucks. But if you don't have an impact do yourself a favor and get one, air powered, battery powered, heck even AC plug in corded ones, it really is worth having an impact.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    I use my hand and a impact gun. you can get a rubber strapped wrench for oil filters, that would work also.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    84 KLT250 here.

Be careful! The flywheel magnets on the inside of the flywheel are delicate! If you clamp the flywheel to tightly or asymmetrically they will shatter! (Ask me how I know)

I just used my big Snap-On pneumatic impact gun. (Yes it’s normal threaded)
    Took the bolt right out without need to hold anything.

I have a NOS flywheel if you do end up needing it.

PS you will also need a flywheel puller!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //