//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200ES Muffler and Plastics

--

200ES Muffler and Plastics

Anyone know of a good aftermarket muffler for a 200es? Mine's completely rotted out. Would like one that matches the 3 OE bolt holes and is quiet like the original. Also, what rear fenders fit a 200ES? Having issues locating a set for a 200ES, so wondering what other models that match up so I can have an easier time locating a set used? Thanks

--
    I can't help you with the muffler, but Maier Mfg. lists fenders for the 200ES.

--
    This exhaust looks promising but I have no experience with it: https://www.musketmufflers.com/produ...ffler-silencer

--
    I have an OEM NOS 200ES muffler (not sure if I want to sell it yet). Also, 200M OEM rear fenders will fit perfectly. I "might" have an OEM complete set of fenders off of my '84 200es coming available in the future.
    Presently own:
    1986 Honda atc350X
    1985 Honda atc250r
    1984 Honda 200es Big Red
    1983 Honda atc185s
    1985 Honda atc70
    1975 Honda Z50 mini bike
    OEM Hondaline Utility Trailer (mint condition - as new)
    1989 Honda FL400R Pilot - newly acquired.
    1968 Corvette L36 427/390HP convertible

--
    Ebay, a parts bike, classifieds here or on 3 wheeler facebook forums is you best used places.
    Maier plastic and there are a few company's that make a replacement muffler if you want new.
    MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    I sent Musket Mufflers a message. Gonna see if I can just do a muffler. My header pipe is fine, and I already have a Honda clamp and gasket on the way. Reviews seem really good too. If the muffler turns out to be really good, I may just have to buy one for my 125m and keep it stored away until the current one eventually rots out one day in the future, lol.

--
    Well, I bit the bullet and placed an order the other day. It was quite a gamble on my end. 320 bucks, all the way from N.Z., online, and no one has had any experience with them. Great reviews though, so that's good. I probably overpaid, but if it's a really good quality muffler and fits like OEM, it will be worth it in my opinion. They said about 20 days dispatch from ordering and will take about 15 days to get here. So it'll be a while. Gives me time to fix the rest of the bike up. Since no one else seems to have experience with them, I will definitely update when it finally arrives if you guys would like.

--
    I look forward to your review. I have their site bookmarked for when the day comes that I need to replace my muffler, but hopefully I'll get a few more years out of it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Guggenheim99 View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet and placed an order the other day...

Looking forward to your review.

A couple things:

Compared to what 'good' used ones are selling for, those are a deal (pending review).

Anything aftermarket and glass packed is a regular maintenance item and if it hasn't been apart in a while, can be a real pain. It may also require drilling and replacing rivets. Along with increased sound, blown out packing also reduces performance. Many current aftermarket choices don't include a built-in spark arrestor either. Depending on where someone rides, that can be a problem and added expense.
    With a stock replica, there shouldn't be any of those problems.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Will be interesting to see how that exhaust turns out, i have seen them mentioned a few times over the years, but have yet to see anyone on here or the facebook groups actually buy one and try it. I have a DG RCM replacement on mine, its a full replacement including the header pipe. I also have the DG on my 81 ATC200, and i had it on my 74 ATC90 before selling that. My 82 200E still has a stock exhaust that i patched up and fixed. The most common replacement i see on them is the Kimpex/EXSound slip on muffler that retains the stock header pipe and you just slip it on and bolt it up. There is also the MBRP that a few guys on here have used as well. The Maier 200ES fenders are nice, expensive yes, but what other choices do we have other then finding a nice original set, seems like i rarely find ones with good fenders, got lucky with my 200ES and 200E, the plastic on them was in great shape. My 81 ATC200 had a few small cracks i had to plastic weld but it turned out nice in the end.

Will keep an eye out for your post on the exhaust, will be interesting to finally see one of these installed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //